Finance Leadership Development Program Associate - MBA Program 2020
Location: New York, New York, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_069353-en Apply
- Are you capable of delivering high impact results for C-level leaders across a global enterprise?
- Do you have experience building lines of communication and leading projects?
- Are you motivated by engaging in cross-functional corporate finance projects and accelerating your post-MBA career?
Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solution in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With nearly 70,000 colleagues worldwide and annual revenue of more than $17 billion, MMC provides analysis and advice to clients in more than 130 countries. The Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP) offers a challenging opportunity to high-potential candidates to develop a thorough understanding of finance and MMC’s businesses.
MMC’s Finance Leadership Development Program is a two-year program designed to develop high potential MBA graduates and provide hands-on experience working in one of our Finance groups including: Controllership, Financial Planning & Analysis, Global Business Services, Internal Audit, Investor Relations, Strategy & Corporate Development, Tax, and Treasury. FLDP Associates will have support of a peer advisor, who is fully committed to their development and provide support and guidance throughout the program. In addition, FLDP Associates can utilize our online learning platform, Finance Academy to develop existing skills or learn new ones.
WHAT A TYPICAL DAY LOOKS LIKE:
- Support MMC Global Finance through the assigned placement team
- Assist in managing and executing team projects and strategic initiatives
- Depending on placement, responsibilities may include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Competitor and industry analyses
- Due diligence and valuation modeling
- Budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis
- Cash flow and liquidity analysis
- Corporate accounting and public company filings
- Presenting detailed findings from data set analysis
- Review and evaluate controls to improve operating efficiency
- Engage in learning, networking, community service and events
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce high quality work on a consistent basis
- A strong work ethic
- An excellent academic track record
- Interest and familiarity with the industry and general corporate finance functions
- A self-starter who can work in a team environment and across functional areas
- A genuine curiosity for continuous learning and development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical aptitude and interest
- Leadership potential by cultivating, managing and strengthening interpersonal relationships
- Strong project management skills
- You have completed an MBA program on or before Spring 2020
- Ideally you will have some pre-MBA work experience
- You are an agile thinker who is ready to make an impact and solve complex problems
- You must have legal authorization to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
DIVERSITY MATTERS AT MARSH & MCLENNAN
At Marsh & McLennan, we believe that diversity and inclusion are vital components of our future and our goal is to leverage the unique skillsets that each person brings to the company. We provide our employees with a supportive, collaborative environment that leads to innovative ideas and the ability to make an impact. If you thrive on a challenge and enjoy connecting with people, we’re looking for you!
MARSH & MCLENNAN COMPANIES
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $17 billion and approximately 70,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.