Location: New York, New York, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_051015-en Apply
Financial Analyst- Mercer
Mercer is the industry leader in helping companies create dynamic solutions that make a difference in the moments that matter. We are seeking a Financial Analyst to become part of our team. If you are passionate about analyzing financial data to support strategic direction, then we want to speak with you!
As the Financial Analyst, you will be part of the Corporate FP&A team responsible for client profitability, cost allocation methodologies and pricing applications, and client profitability reporting, metrics and analytics. You will be responsible for:
- Compile financial data and quantitative analyses to support sound and defensible recommendations
- Review and analyze basic financial planning information and reports in order to make recommendations to management.
- Support month-end close process by reviewing recurring/standard and ad hoc reports, develop understanding of our P&L structure and variances to budget and prior year.
- Assist and evaluate the development of financial plans by identifying financial outcomes and potential returns.
- Update financial database by identifying sources of information and entering, verifying, and securing data.
- Support data extracts from Mercer’s data warehouse to support the strategy group and key strategic initiatives.
- Assist in the preparation of financial presentations using a variety of formats, displays, reproduction of charts, graphs, and econometric models.
- Support the development of budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Assist with audit activities for requirements compliance.
- Maintain compliance with regulatory standards as applicable.
The right person will have 3-5 years of experience with P&L analysis, trend analysis and cost allocation. Experience with business intelligence reporting tools such as Tableau or Microstrategy preferred. Strong Excel.
If you can confidently discuss your experience in these areas, Mercer might be the right place for you to implement your expertise as a Financial Analyst. Apply today!
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer’s more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.