Global Compensation Manager
Location: New York, New York, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_078921-en Apply
Marsh is seeking candidates for the following position which could be has flexibility for work location including working virtually:
Global Compensation Manager
What can you expect?
As our Compensation Manager, you’ll be that well-rounded experienced compensation professional who thrives in working in a highly matrixed environment and has the ability to participate in determining innovative and scalable solutions that can impact global programs. In this role, you’ll implement global compensation policies and strategies by providing consultative input to develop the compensation strategy in alignment with and in support of the business goals and objectives - solutions that will enhance and grow the business. You’ll also provide insights to assess the effectiveness and quality of compensation plans and programs, oversee generation of reports, data analysis and ensure summaries represent results as needed. You’ll ensure integrity of data and reporting methodologies. Your first 100 days will be focused on working closely with HR Business Partners and business leaders to deliver the year end merit process.
You’ll report to the Marsh Global Programs Leader and be part of a 20+ person global team that initiates and manages all global processes, oversees potential innovation and drives the pay strategy of the organization. The location preference for this position is flexible, including working virtually.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive pay (salary and bonus potential), Full benefits package – starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STI/LTI, life insurance, generous 401k match AND contribution. After six months, eligible for tuition reimbursement and our Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- You’d be entitled to 22 days of vacation, 3 personal days, time off to give back to your community, 9 company holidays (with early dismissal the day prior).
- A company with a strong Brand and strong results to match.
- Global exposure and experience in a top notch Total Rewards environment that works closely with each of our Operating Companies (i.e. Mercer, Guy Carpenter, Oliver Wyman) within MMC to leverage best practices.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop, implement, and administer compensation programs, policies, and procedures including survey participation, job evaluation, salary structure development, incentive plan design, and market analysis.
- Assist in the management of the year-end process, working with HRIS on data configuration requirements, analysis of compensation data for various purposes including but not limited to modeling for data requests, compensation proposals and business-focused recommendations based on the analysis.
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures, providing insights and recommendations which support enterprise strategy and objectives, are embedded in best practice approach, and are cost effective
- Collaborate with HR Partners in managing annual compensation review cycle for client groups, including provision of guidance, processes, insights and reporting
- Lead and deliver compensation projects in support of client and enterprise objectives
- Ensure compensation programs are administered in compliance with policies and government regulations through audits, reports and personal contacts.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Mathematics and CCP certification (or demonstrated relevant experience)
- Deep subject matter expertise and professional work experience in the Compensation field encompassing a broad knowledge of compensation issues including market trends, regulatory changes, and best practices.
- Experience in leading compensation projects, with the ability to build consensus and manage expectations across a wide range of stakeholders, coordinate multiple work streams or tasks, prioritize work, and to lead project teams
We’d love to see:
- Experience operating in a matrixed organization, ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to build relationships and manage key and senior level stakeholders, demonstrate excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to think strategically, as well as lead and coach more junior members of the team, particularly with analytics and problem solving
- Possess excellent problem solving, judgement and decision making skills in highly complex situations, and is flexible and demonstrates ease in changing priorities and multi-tasking
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.