Guy Carpenter Global Strategic Advisory Summer Intern- College Program 2020
Location: New York, New York, United States
Company: Guy CarpenterJob ID R_077810-en Apply
Guy Carpenter is a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, with over 90-years of history providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth.
Our clients look to us for confidence at crossroads moments.They count on us when they need unmatched expertise and global reach.They rely on our ability to advise and provide strategic planning, implementation, and business growth initiatives.They trust our customized analytics solutions.
Over the course of the 8 week summer internship program, you will learn from, and work with some of the very best minds in the industry.You will be on a team that manages current client accounts and participate alongside of teams developing relationships with new clients. This is a great opportunity to expand your technical knowledge, improve your business acumen and enhance your professional skills.
Responsibilities may include:
- Analysis of data and compiling research through the use of spreadsheets, company databases and other computer systems
- Assist in analyzing geographies, products, customer/distribution channels, pricing/profitability models
- Participating in the analysis of clients’ existing insurance programs and requirements
- Assisting in the assessment of client needs by reviewing current policies and formulating recommendations for different types of policies
- Assisting team members with the preparation of proposal presentations for existing and prospective clients.
What we look for in Intern candidates
- Fully matriculated student, progressing towards a bachelor’s in actuarial science, math, statistics, economics, business, finance, or other related field
- Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Superior analytical, mathematical skills and strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment with rapidly changing priorities and demands
- Microsoft Office proficient and a strong command of Microsoft Excel
Candidates must be prepared to discuss work location preferences during the interview. When making your decision on where to work, please keep in mind that Guy Carpenter will not be relocating or providing housing for Interns.
As our clients’ most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities.We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://career.mmc.com/.We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.