Guy Carpenter - Risk Analyst - College Program 2019
Location: New York, New York, United States
Company: Guy CarpenterJob ID UNI003AK-en Apply
WHO WE ARE
Guy Carpenter is a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, with over 90-years of history providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. Guy Carpenter is the world’s premier strategic advisor to leading insurance and reinsurance organizations, delivering integrated solutions through its industry-leading analytics and advisory services, highly specialized product knowledge and trading relationships with reinsurance markets around the world. Headquartered in New York City, Guy Carpenter has more than 2,300 employees in more than 50 locations worldwide.
THE POSITION: Risk Analyst
Guy Carpenter's Risk Analysts provide support to all account team members and contributes to strategic recommendations and problem solving for clients. Our Risk Analysts develop a broad understanding of the environment in which the insured operates, and the marketplace in which the transactions Guy Carpenter handles take place. Risk Analysts assist the broking team with client and market research and financial analysis for current and prospective clients. To learn more about Guy Carpenter’s Risk Management business please visit http://www.guycarp.com/managing-risk.html
WHAT WE VALUE
- Strong interpersonal skills for establishing and maintain good client, reinsurer, and internal relationships
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Excellent verbal/writing skills for complex communications with clients, markets and GC colleagues
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong academic record in major and summer internship or other work experience
- Advanced working experience with Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Fine tune your natural skills and learn new ones
- An opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
- Excellent growth, mobility and advancement opportunities
- Development of comprehensive reinsurance industry knowledge, as well as broking and functional skills
- Top benefits – generous PTO including vacation, sick, personal and even 1 day off for community service!
A TYPICAL DAY MAY INCLUDE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES:
- Analyze client risk and develop and present recommendations
- Conducting industry research analysis and providing brokers with current information and trends
- Respond to client queries and concerns and resolving issues promptly
- Assist in timely production of contract documentation and follow-up, ensuring timely flow of materials
- Review contract documentation, ensuring terms and conditions details are accurately captured
- Assist with scheduling of reinsurer audits and visits with client
- Assist broking team in designing new programs for clients’ unmet needs
- Current Seniors graduating with their bachelor’s degree (all majors considered) with an expected graduation of December 2018 through May/June 2019
- Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Permanent work authorization in the U.S. on an ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
At Guy Carpenter, we believe that diversity and inclusion are vital components of our future and our goal is to leverage the unique skillsets that each person brings to the company. We provide our employees with a supportive, collaborative environment that leads to innovative ideas and the ability to make an impact. If you thrive on challenge and enjoy connecting with people, we’re looking for you!COMPANY PROFILEGuy Carpenter is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world's leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With over 60,000 employees’ worldwide and annual revenue of approximately $10 billion, MMC provides analysis and advice to clients in more than 100 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchangesMarsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.