Institutional Investments Sales Professional
Location: New York, New York, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_048225-en Apply
Are you an Investment Sales Professional who is ready to truly sell the full spectrum of investment consulting services? Tired of being tied to a single model or approach that limits your income and more importantly your broad market knowledge? Keep reading and consider applying.
Mercer is a globally recognized leader in wealth consulting to public and private, for-profit and not-for-profit, and private wealth organizations. As a Sales Director you will be asked to leverage the #1 investment consulting firm to back your sales acumen. Working alongside a world class team of consultants, as a Sales Director with Mercer you will develop sales strategies to help employers address the challenges posed by the retirement and wealth accumulation vehicles they sponsor. The Wealth Sales Director will be knowledgeable regarding the full spectrum of Mercer’s Wealth business – from investments to actuarial to risk management solutions.
This position has two aspects you will need to be able to fluently discuss.
- Articulate your sales funnel,
- How you identify, research, profile, and prospect accounts
- Talk through your cold calling, meeting conversions, and closing ratios
- Share examples of identifying and meeting with key decisions makers
- Illustrate your process of managing a prospect through a long sales cycle
- Share how you build client relationships through your knowledge of industry trends and highlight your ability to establish trusted advisor status before the sale
- Detail examples of how you build internal relationships and marshal the right people and resources to close a deal
- Dive into major challenges and opportunities within your industry and your thought leadership in address these issues
Investment Market Strategies and Conditions
- Discuss risks mitigation strategies for Defined Contribution such as litigation, fees, or other risk based analysis.
- Highlight your experience in how you have mitigated risk in Defined Benefit such as asset allocation, liability exposures or how you have used actuarial analysis.
- Please be ready to share your current securities licenses including but not limited to Series 6 or 7, Series 63, and Series 65 or 66 as appropriate; and Life and Health licenses preferred
- Share examples of you project management experience and ability to manage multiple time sensitive projects/tasks
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer’s more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.