Location: New York, New York, United States
Company: Guy CarpenterJob ID R_051108-en Apply
What's the impact you want to make?
The Instructional Designer is a critical role to the success of our colleagues because this person will help ensure the global workforce has the skills and capabilities to achieve our future proofing objectives. This individual will be responsible for the design and development of learning curriculum and programs on a global basis. Specifically the role will be accountable for developing, implementing, evaluating, and managing innovative and effective learning curriculum in response to organizational needs. The role will assess current state curriculum development, career pathing, leadership programs and assesses intent vs. results, quality, and implement enhancements as needed to meet the needs of the evolving Guy Carpenter professionals. The role will frequently analyse employee development needs to determine gaps and requirements for new offerings. The role will also conduct and support ongoing evaluations to ensure effectiveness of curriculum and recommends modifications as necessary – to both content and communications of the content to the broader firm.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record as a Learning professional for a complex business model with proven accomplishments in developing and executing on people strategies, providing commercially focused consultancy and evidencing deep specialist and technical expertise that will help influence and shape the strategic learning agenda.
Additionally this role will work directly with HRBPs, business Subject Matter Experts, and the broader Workforce Planning and Talent Centers of Excellence.
Supports Guy Carpenter by providing deep technical expertise and value add in a defined area of specialization by:
- Developing a learning curriculum for designated areas of GC, focusing on the creation, delivery and communication of learning and training programs, tools and processes.
- Integrating digital learning tools and other innovative and process convenient platforms where possible into program and curricula design.
- Works closely with internal clients and appropriate consulting organizations for complex regions to facilitate initiative customization and delivery, improve existing processes as well as document changes that are implemented.
- Partnering with experts and using resources and tools created by COEs and external vendors to provide learning advice, peer review and enable resources for the business on a regular basis. Creating tools as part of the COE as appropriate.
- Developing a clear tracking mechanism in order to assess curriculum success.
- Performing continuous research and analysis of current broad learning and training techniques and platforms to develop strategies to develop solutions to complex learning and development problems and concerns; working with Talent and Learning Specialists in regions to customize for regions/businesses as appropriate.
- Delivering training as necessary.
- Developing clear communications and guidance in all training implementations.
- Advises on high potential, executive and leadership training programs as appropriate; ensures integration of methodologies are consistent across programs and grades.
Builds and develops strong sustainable relationships with all internal and external stakeholders, working collaboratively with them to achieve common goals and to share knowledge and best practice.
- Attends and participates in industry conferences and organizations and serves as a thought leader for Learning & Development, represents the business as a leader in the field and gains insight as to current best-practices and vendors/outsourcing opportunities.
- Identifies trends in the internal or external marketplace, which will help shape and inform the design, development and implementation of T&L products, services and interventions
- Contributes to the broader People Strategy initiatives as appropriate.
- BA or BS, plus an advanced degree in OD, Adult Learning, HRM or Instructional Design or related field.
- 8+ year’s previous experience of working in a global HR function, with a proven track record in creating and leading strategic Learning initiatives.
- Perform with a sense of urgency without compromising on excellence with a strong commitment to achieving results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to analyze complex information, evaluate options, choose the best solution.
- Relationship management, coaching, and collaboration skills.
- A deep understanding learning principles/methodologies and application in a complex business environment.
- Management of learning delivery across multiple global suppliers.
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world. Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients’ most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.