Location: New York, New York, United States
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_045251-en Apply
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across 26 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 4700+ professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman’s thought leadership is evident in our agenda-setting books, white papers, research reports, and articles in the business press. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Visit our website for more details about Oliver Wyman: www.oliverwyman.com
Oliver Wyman seeks a Managing Editor for its newly formed Oliver Wyman Forum: a group of partners dedicated to bringing together business, public policy, and social enterprise leaders to help solve the world’s toughest problems.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating, editing, managing, and setting the strategy for a steady stream of high impact content that analyzes options and inspires action on a broad range of issues that will reframe industries, societies, and economies globally. This content will include externally published articles, blogs, major reports, interactive info-graphics, videos and podcasts. The ideal candidate for this job will be able to manage multiple editorial projects and tight deadlines working with partners, co-workers, editors, designers, and leading thinkers outside of Oliver Wyman located around the globe. We welcome applicants who are excited to play a leadership role in creating, editing, and managing highly differentiated content across multiple formats that will support a Forum committed to strengthening businesses, industries, governments, and societies in age of accelerating technological, global economic, and political change.
- Writing/editing in a Fast-paced, Deadline-driven Environment
- Work closely with Oliver Wyman’s Digital Editor, Editorial Directors, Digital Marketing Director, and partners across the Oliver Wyman Forum globally to develop and manage a steady stream of newsworthy and influential content for multiple platforms and channels.
- Collaborate with the Oliver Wyman Forum’s marketing team and partner community to define a strategic agenda of content topics that support the Forum’s overall positioning and objectives
- Collaborate with Oliver Wyman’s editorial team and marketing team more broadly to create content for the Oliver Wyman Forum that can be placed on top-tier blogs and in top-tier publications.
- Create highly differentiated interactive and visual content that travels well in social media, garners attention from main stream media, and drives overall engagement; must have a strong ability and desire to create high impact content for charts, info-graphics, videos, podcasts
- Work closely and creatively with thought leaders, marketing colleagues, design department and IT to package ideas in new and innovative ways
- Maintain awareness of blog/PR performance to ensure content resonates with the targeted audience and has potential for broad distribution
- Identify and support Oliver Wyman Forum content partnership efforts and contribute content to increase distribution of Oliver Wyman Forum insights, analytics, and interactive tools across a wide spectrum of channels.
- Support Major Oliver Wyman Forum Initiatives
- Support high profile surveys and other research efforts conducted by the Oliver Wyman Forum
- Create content leading up to, during, and after Oliver Wyman Forum events
- Support and contribute to key Oliver Wyman journals and content campaigns that intersect with the Oliver Wyman Forum’s agenda
- Support content needs related to Oliver Wyman Forum’s presence at influential events globally
- Support content needs related to Oliver Wyman Forum projects
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a writer or editor at a financial or business publication or web site
- Master’s degree in Journalism, Business, Public Policy or related field preferred
- Strong track record creating influential content ranging from blogs to long-form articles
- Knowledgeable about multiple industries and geographies
- A keen understanding of data visualization techniques, info-graphics, videos, and podcasts
- Proven ability to work with designers, photographers, and videographers
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent writing and editing abilities; able to write creative and compelling pieces with strong, rational arguments; Must be able to take the lead in developing publishable work from initial draft through the final stages of fact-checking and copy-editing, on tight deadlines.
- Expertise in crafting engaging content across multiple formats, in particular infographics and digital interactive content
- Adept in leveraging social media for engagement, deepening relationships with influencers, and expanding readership of key content
- Ideally has some network of thought-leaders, journalists and editors at major industry publications to stay on top of emerging issues
- Passionate about global business issues and a deep-thinker who can roll up their sleeves and work with partners and leading thinkers in other organizations to translate original insights into articles publishable in top business publications, blog posts, and reports for Oliver Wyman Forum contacts.
- Comfortable in a fluid or unstructured environment where priorities often shift
- Sharp intellect, self-confident and highly articulate, with a style which is both proactive and responsive
- Creative and innovative thinker who pushes boundaries when necessary
- Must have outstanding interpersonal skills, honed in a demanding and challenging international work environment
- High energy self-starter with an eagerness to excel
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Meticulous attention to detail