NERA - Executive Assistant
Location: New York, New York, United States
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_040505-en Apply
NERA Economic Consulting (www.nera.com) is a global firm of experts dedicated to applying economic, finance, and quantitative principles to complex business and legal challenges. For half a century, NERA's economists have been creating strategies, studies, reports, expert testimony, and policy recommendations for government authorities and the world's leading law firms and corporations. We bring academic rigor, objectivity, and real-world industry experience to bear on issues arising from competition, regulation, public policy, strategy, finance, and litigation. With its main office in New York City, NERA serves clients from over 25 offices across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
We have an immediate opening for an Executive Assistant in our New York City office.
The Executive Assistant provides high-level support to Managing Directors, Directors and their teams and will be involved in various project management and complex administrative tasks that are often highly confidential and time sensitive. You will help manage deadlines, analyze and organize information, and request information from others. Working in a team environment, this role requires excellent attention to detail and accuracy. You must be able to effectively multi-task and be very flexible to work as part of project teams in a fast-paced environment.
This role provides an opportunity to work in a collegial but intellectually challenging environment and learn about a variety of topics, including the intersection between public policy and economics. The successful candidate will be an integral part of a team dedicated to producing first-class work in high profile, "bet the firm" litigation matters and in the creation and administration of business proposals/bidding events. You will also learn the ins and outs of the business processes used by one of the world’s leading economic consulting firms, including information technology, billing and contracting, and time management.
• Providing administrative support to client projects and auctions
• Coordinating proposals and responses to RFPs/RFQs
• Formatting/proofreading proposals, presentations, legal and expert economic reports including compilation, peer review, and ensuring quality control
• Preparing and editing figures and graphics in expert reports; working with graphics professionals to coordinate publications consistent with NERA style guidelines
• Creating Word, Excel and PowerPoint files that adhere to company identity and document standards
• Updating CVs for executive team and posting resumes on intranet
• Working with NERA/OWG contracting teams to respond to client requests for forms, business licenses, etc. needed for contracting
• Preparing, reconciling and tracking expense and tracking reimbursements
• Managing Outlook calendars
• Coordinating meetings (internal and external venues) including room booking, vendor/AV set up, material preparation, security registration, and meal catering across multiple time zones
• Planning and booking domestic and international travel; coordinating international visas and ensuring passports are current; preparing detailed itineraries
• Entering new project opportunities, checking for conflicts, and locating client information using NERA’s global database
• Maintaining office supplies and coordinating services to off-site project offices (stationary supplies, filing, phone/internet, etc.)
• Preparing client engagement letters
• Using CRM software to maintain and update executive contacts and interactions
• Completing forms/contracts using Adobe Acrobat.
• Typing; photocopying, filing and providing phone coverage to team as needed
• Preparing monthly invoices, including cover letters/support documents, and following up with NERA billing team and clients
• Organizing/binding case documents and preparing materials for internal and client meetings
• Conducting basic research as needed
• Five years’ experience providing administrative support, preferably in a legal or professional services environment; Bachelor’s degree preferred—specifically in business or a liberal arts major such as English
• Self-starter with a high-energy team mentality who enjoys a challenging and professional work environment
• Knowledge of or background in finance, economics and/or legal services a plus
• Travel approximately 20% of the time (1 day per week) to project offices in Newark, NJ and Philadelphia, PA
• Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Excellent oral and written communications skills, proofreading/editing skills and attention to detail
• Project management experience
• Outstanding client interaction and interpersonal skills
• Good judgement and ability to solve problems independently and discreetly
• Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations occurring as a result of heavy workloads or tight deadlines; ability to anticipate needs of team members by prioritizing responsibilities and proactively managing schedule changes
We offer a challenging and rewarding work environment, competitive compensation and benefits, and skills-enhancement training.