Oliver Wyman Diversity Forum 2020-New York
Location: New York, New York, United States
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_086856-en Apply
Diversity Forum 2020 – New York - Job Description
Join us for a day of conversation, networking and learning on Friday, April 24 in New York where you will connect with fellow students from across the Northeast while participating in workshops geared toward confidence, diversity in the workplace and entering the workforce. Our annual Diversity Forum is expanding this year to connect with more students coming from backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in the consulting industry. Participants will have the chance to interact with several of our Employee Resource Groups:
- EMPOWERED – Employees of Oliver Wyman Enabling Racial and Ethnic Diversity
- GLOW – Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Trans* (LGBT+) Colleagues and Allies
- WOW – Women of Oliver Wyman
At Oliver Wyman, Inclusion and Diversity isn’t just a program; it’s a part of the fabric of our firm. Oliver Wyman is dedicated to maintaining an inclusive culture where exceptional people can thrive and reach their full potential. We believe inclusion drives diversity, and diversity enables better business outcomes by bringing different perspectives and broader skillsets to the table. For us, I&D is about working together, engaging in a rich dialogue, and offering our clients breakthrough solutions crafted by the best people. Strong values and trust amongst ourselves and with our clients shape our daily interactions, business strategies, and culture. Ultimately, Inclusion and Diversity are good for our people and for our clients.
Participants will be assigned buddies, required to participate in a virtual case workshop and interview for either the Summer 2021 internship program or the full-time Consultant Class of 2021 role. Offer locations vary across several Oliver Wyman offices (Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, New York, San Francisco, Washington D.C.).
Why Join Us?
Come aboard if you are excited by challenges and at ease working across cultures. You’ll find interesting people who speak their minds and measure success not by how many hours are worked but by what gets accomplished.
Immediate impact, continuous challenge
- You’ll work on challenging projects that have a meaningful impact on clients, industries, and societies from day one.
- We’ll ask you to challenge the norm and constantly strive to build something new to shape our firm and the world around us.
- You’ll be a contributing team member from the start, working with senior colleagues and clients to build trust-based relationships and deliver breakthrough impact.
- Your experience will be diverse, with each project offering new opportunities to expand your toolkit and to team with Specialists who have deep subject-matter and technical expertise
- You’ll have the opportunity to travel frequently; whether this is internationally or in your home-city, no two weeks are ever the same.
Chart your course; we support the journey
- This isn’t a “two-year program” – no artificial barriers stand in the way of your progression.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work across a wide variety of industries and capabilities and you can decide to specialize early or leave it until several years in.
- You’ll learn on the job via our apprenticeship model, supplemented by formal training. Much of your initial focus will be on research and analysis, and we’ll support you in rapidly developing your communication, presentation, and client-management skills.
- We care about you succeeding and you will be supported every step of the way. You will be mentored and coached by colleagues at each stage, from partners and other consultants to a dedicated “buddy,” career adviser, and talent manager.
- We believe inspired people with interesting lives make better consultants. We care deeply about sustainable work-life quality and provide for career flexibility with a variety of programs including sabbaticals, non-profit fellowships, and externships.
We hire you to be you
- Our open, inclusive, and down-to-earth culture will enable you to bring your authentic self to work.
- There’s no corporate mold to fit and hierarchy doesn’t get in the way.
- Many of your colleagues will become life-long friends.
We look for initiative, intuition and creativity with a strong background in problem solving and analytics. We do not require a specific academic major or industry experience and we value extracurricular activities and evidence of leading an interesting and impactful life outside of studies/work. One of the best things we can do for our clients and ourselves is to recruit a diverse group of people who bring a broad range of strengths and backgrounds to their roles.
There are a few specific eligibility requirements:
- Unrestricted U.S. work authorization is required for U.S. office locations. Oliver Wyman does not offer sponsorship for this position. Please note that CPT and OPT are restricted forms of work authorization.
- Internship Requirement: Second year undergraduate student (class of 2022)
- Full Time Requirement: Third year undergraduate student (class of 2021)
We are accepting applications for the 2020 New York Diversity Forum. Participants selected for this series will be notified in late March 2020. Your application for the series also serves as your application for the Summer 2021 Internship program or the full-time consultant role, depending on your class year.
To be considered you must apply by Sunday, March 22nd, at 11:59pm EST. Your application should include your resume (with GPA and SAT/ACT scores), unofficial transcript, and cover letter (a brief statement of your interest in this program, Oliver Wyman and stating which ERG group you are interested in connecting with; 250 words or less).
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across 26 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 4000+ professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman’s thought leadership is evident in our agenda-setting books, white papers, research reports, and articles in the business press.
For more information, visit www.oliverwyman.com/careers and follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman.