Oliver Wyman - Lead Database Architect - New York
Location: New York, New York, United States
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_086864-en Apply
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 5000 professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman’s thought leadership is evident in our agenda-setting books, white papers, research reports, and articles in the business press. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Visit our website for more details about Oliver Wyman: www.oliverwyman.com
This role will be responsible for leading, developing, and delivering technically strong and pragmatic solutions, while working closely with architects, developers and operational staff.
We’re looking for a self-starter, a team player, and someone who can both manage a small team and roll up their sleeves to deliver critical solutions.
You will need exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation, as well as deep expertise in data architecture.
- Lead, create and manage the service offerings by the IT data architecture team, that not only meets the current business requirements but also are forward looking in design.
- Identify the data integration and data flow needs and work to finalize these on a project by project basis. This includes adding coherence, structure and institutionalizing to overall data assets
- Lead the development of key data assets (e.g., Master Data Hub, Tableau dashboards, Informatica API level integration) by providing deep expertise around MDM, Informatica, MS-SQL and other database technologies
- Work closely with Sponsors, Project Managers and Subject Matter Experts to develop, test, and implement integrations to multiple applications using the MS technologies (or other relevant technologies per project needs)
- Manage and update existing integrations as needed and implement suggestions to core data architect assets based on feedback from project team members and sponsors.
- Must be able to perform data modeling, design patterns, building highly scalable and secured solutions, specially using MS-SQL technologies
- A Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, MIS, business or equivalent experience required. An advanced degree is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in MS-SQL, Informatica, Tableau, Oracle, and information architecture and roadmaps development
- Experience in setting up and deploying process data and process level integration. Expert in data modeling approaches, tools and techniques.
- Deep expertise in MS-SQL Server and Informatica is required.
- Prior management experience required.
- Ability to define API level integration architecture with detailed hands-on implementation knowledge. Ability to provide the mechanics for propagating and governing master data entities.