Oliver Wyman - MBA Associate - Transportation
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
Secondary Locations: New York,New York,United States;Chicago,Illinois,United States;Washington,District of Columbia,United States;
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_068383-en Apply
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60+ cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 5,000+ professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Our professionals see what others don't, challenge conventional thinking, and consistently deliver innovative, customized solutions. As a result, we have a tangible impact on clients’ top and bottom lines. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Practice Group: Transportation & Services
Location Options: Dallas, TX, Chicago, IL, & Washington DC
Role: MBA Associate
Transportation & Services
Oliver Wyman’s Transportation & Services Practice advises railroads, motor carriers, maritime, supply chain and logistics integrators, postal companies, express and freight transport business, as well as governments and regulators to help shape the face of the industry. With deep industry expertise, our consulting team helps clients stay ahead of the competition by working with them on their most challenging problems around strategic growth, digital transformation, operational improvement, and organizational effectiveness.
The Associate position offers excellent career and growth opportunities for talented, highly motivated professionals with significant prior experience. As a professional member of our firm, your initial responsibilities will include:
- Managing the execution of individual project modules. This typically includes developing hypotheses, managing data collection, model creation and analyses, conducting primary and secondary research, creatively tackling information limitations, and surfacing insights.
- Supporting our Partner group in project delivery through accurate and high quality case execution
- Owning and developing executive client relationships, presenting to a wide range of audiences, and working day-to-day with clients and other stakeholders.
- Reporting to Engagement Managers and Principals, effectively seeking guidance on technical and senior-level steer to projects
- Coaching consultants and helping them develop their skill sets
Desired Skills and Experience
Associates serve as the primary contact point for senior client executives and Oliver Wyman consultants staffed on client engagements. While specific responsibilities will vary based on previous experience the ideal candidate will have the following:
- 3-5 years of experience in strategy consulting and/or transportation & services industry experience
- Strong background in conceptual problem solving and analytical skills
- Track record of leading and managing teams and delivering against tight deadlines in fast paced and demanding environments
- Outstanding communication skills; confidence in presenting to senior executives
- Undergraduate or advanced degree from a top academic program
- Willingness to travel
- Please include an updated resume (with GMAT score) and a cover letter outlining your interest in and qualifications
Unrestricted U.S. work authorization is required. Oliver Wyman does not offer sponsorship for this position. (Please note that CPT and OPT are forms of restricted work authorization.)