Project Manager, Office of the CEO
Location: New York, New York, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_048236-en Apply
Are you looking to broaden your horizons? Keen to learn more about Mercer’s global business and strategy? An experienced project manager? Interested in working in the Office of the CEO? If so, read on!
Mercer’s office of the CEO is seeking an exceptional professional to fill a Project Manager role, reporting to the Chief of Staff. This individual will primarily provide project support, communication with and on behalf of executive level management, and act as a central contact person for multiple projects. He/she will be critical to ensure ongoing progress for key meetings and initiatives across the organization and be responsible for:
- Creating leverage for the Chief of Staff by expanding their bandwidth; enabling her to take on a broader depth of issues
- Maximizing the impact of the CEO to key constituencies and stakeholders via managing local and international office visits of the CEO by focusing on the objectives and content of the visit; includes partnering with business leaders on agenda development, coordinating and overseeing the preparation of materials, timeline arrangements
- Preparing materials and content for client meetings, conferences, industry events, and for internal groups like the Mercer Executive Leadership Team - ensuring the CEO is getting adequate, uniform, and succinct information / briefing materials for important meetings
- Managing and/or participating multiple projects including media and event planning and logistics (e.g. World Economic Forum preparation, Face to Face leadership meetings, annual master calendar strategic planning, CEO events with colleagues, Board of Director events, etc.)
- Follow up after with key external contacts after industry events; navigate internally within Mercer and other operating companies to garner information and synthesize findings for the CEO
- Conduct research and collate biography information, undertaking analysis, synthesizing the data and providing key findings to the appropriate individual to support key meetings; edits, formats and distributes the information for multiple audiences in variety of mediums (PowerPoint, Excel, etc)
- Representing the Chief of Staff at internal meetings and providing support with agenda planning for executive meetings
- Partnering with Internal communications on Global Town Hall planning and overseeing social media operations on Twitter, LinkedIn, and MercerLink;
If this sounds like a challenge that interests you, please submit your resume and let’s talk about your success in the following areas as qualification for the role:
- Share your success working in a fast paced corporate environment interfacing with or supporting executive level management
- Demonstrate your commercial acumen and how you’ve been able to evaluate financial performance indicators
- Describe your outstanding organizational and time management skills to manage multiple priorities while working efficiently and independently
- Detail how you’ve been a successful communicator (both verbal and written communications) to effectively interact with internal/external clients and colleagues
- Share how you’ve had to operate with a high level of flexibility, professionalism, integrity, trust, and confidentiality
- Describe when you’ve had to be especially focused on attention to detail and accuracy
- Describe your affinity for technology - when you’ve had to be technically savvy navigating through multiple systems without assistance and your advanced proficiency with MS office suite (especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Share when you’ve been successful planning, organizing and communicating with impact
The role is ideal for an Associate or Senior Associate level colleague and will be located in our NYC headquarters.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).