Property - Claims Advocacy Professional, Northeast Zone
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Secondary Locations: New York,New York,United States;Syracuse,New York,United States;Rochester,New York,United States;Hartford,Connecticut,United States;
Company: MarshJob ID R_047237-en Apply
If you have Risk Management experience, Commercial Property Adjuster experience, Claims experience, or all of the above you will be positioned for a long successful career with the Marsh Claims Advocacy team. Apply for the opportunity to reinvigorate your career with Marsh! The Claims Advocate will be responsible for providing claim advisory client services independently or in combination with others to ensure the most equitable return on the clients insurance investment, while minimizing the impact of adverse events on their business. Serves as senior advocate to less experienced colleagues. Frequently involved in the more complex client engagements and issues. Essential Functions and Skill Set:
- Reporting claims using Marsh’s proprietary claim platform Claim in compliance with Marsh Professional Standards.
- Reporting Claims, Losses and Lawsuits as directed in Client Service Agreements/Letters of Engagement.
- Facilitates the establishment of client’s loss handling instructions with claim administrator including guidance in direct reporting of claims.
- Evaluates coverage applicability of all Marsh placed business, assisting client with insurer coverage negotiations and escalation of those issues where appropriate to managing claim advisors.
- Assesses client needs or claim trends, identifying and solving problems with innovative and practical solutions and utilizing MCP, Marsh Risk Consulting or MMC services to meet those needs.
- Oversight of claims processes including monitoring time sensitive policy provisions to ensure appropriate and timely processing of payments by the carrier or third party administrator.
- Solicits & contributes written communication of Claim success stories from self and team.
- Assists client with claim preparation, presentation, management and settlement strategies including litigation management issues that impact claim settlements.
- Facilitate claim reviews and contribute to same with in-depth claim knowledge to help expedite resolution of claims.
- Responsible for the development and securing target service hours for MCP work plans and adheres to budget requirements with alerts to Client Executive's regarding budget erosion & additional revenue opportunities.
- Develop and maintain market relationships with Third Party Administrators and carrier contacts at local and senior national levels.
- Seek growth opportunities for the firm through MRC referrals and participation in written responses to RFP’s and oral presentation of claim services to prospects and clients.
- Manage and participate in catastrophic claim responses.
- Keeps client teams and Marsh management apprised of status of any current claims or client issues as identified by self or team.
- Supports Marsh colleague engagement, executing Marsh talent management responsibilities and providing coaching, mentoring and sharing of knowledge with other colleagues.
- Assists brokerage with policy wording review and assist in developing appropriate policy language to address client risk issues.
- Understands insurance program structures as they relate to the claim process and assist brokerage in renewal and LOC management.
- Understands and complies with Marsh’s professional standards to avoid potential E&O claims.
- Utilization of cost effective practices to reduce appropriate expenditures and identification of opportunities within the firm to improve efficiencies, create additional capacity and provide value added service to clients
- Minimum 3 years of Commercial Property claims experience & technical knowledge.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in related fields.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Licensing according to company policy or applicable law.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.