Real Estate Debt Research Mercer Alternatives – Real Estate
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Secondary Locations: New York,New York,United States;
Company: MercerJob ID R_033596-en Apply
Are you an Investment professional with fixed income experience looking to do more than just crunch numbers? Are you ready to interface with Clients, Investment Managers and a broad range of internal partners? If so, read on and consider a position in Mercer as a Research Analyst for our Real Estate practice.
This is an opportunity to work for a global specialist for private market investments, offering real estate advisory services, customized and pooled investment solutions for institutional investors around the world. You will be part of a team of people dedicated to private market investing in the sub-asset class of real estate.
If you have appropriate career experience and can talk about your qualifications in the following areas, submit your resume and let’s talk.
- Act as the real estate debt specialist within Mercer’s Alternatives business.
- Deep quantitative analysis of Mercer’s vendors through developing and maintaining vendor research reports, charts, summary views, detailed analysis.
- You will spend time one on one with the investment management firms to verify and assess the information they have provided.
- You will provide qualitative analysis which involves comparing the total returns the Investment Manager is generating against the peer group’s information over specific time periods.
- You will determine if the Investment Managers operate their business ethically and ensure they can provide a quality service as providers to our clients.
- You will determine the attractiveness of real estate debt investments relative to investment alternatives within other fixed income products and asset classes.
- Preparation and presentation of research reports, which is a written communication outlining the strengths and weaknesses of a given strategy and states the recommendation based on that research.
- Providing support to the global real estate team on select client projects and research assignments, interfacing with real estate investment managers, gathering real estate market data from multiple sources, and assisting with various tasks.
- Managing the real estate debt investment pipeline process.
- Assist in writing and reviewing real estate research on due diligence performed on investment management firms.
- You will deliver the technical support, along with interpretation of results, and project management to produce required client analysis and reports to the Mercer Leadership team.
- Two to ten years of experience in fixed income, private debt or real estate debt
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, real estate, or similar business related degree and/or requisite experience
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with ability to manage multiple tasks while meeting performance goals and deadlines; exceptional attention to detail and ability to work “proactively”
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to formulate clear and concise correspondence with internal and external parties
- Intermediate proficiency with MS office suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and AdobePro; ability to learn new systems quickly
- Must be comfortable following up with team members and investment managers to collect and sort requisite data; able to handle sensitive material and maintain highest level of confidentiality
- Having or working towards, CFA, CAIA, CPA or MBA a plus
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.