Sales Incentive Compensation Manager
Location: New York, New York, United States
Company: MarshJob ID R_050402-en Apply
Do you have the business savvy, technical background, and analytical skills necessary to help incentivize our sales teams?
As the Sales Compensation Manager, you will partner with leaders across the organization to achieve the strategic objectives of a $1.8bn business. To meet our growth demands, we must be able to leverage our colleagues effectively. An important aspect of leveraging our colleagues is managing our incentive compensation plans and systems. We’d like you to be at the forefront and help us introduce a new platform that will give us a competitive advantage to our sales planning strategy.
Your initial focus will be working with our implementation team to set up a new technology solution and then later transition into a role as our resident expert, maximizing the utility of the new platform. You’ll be in a highly visible role interacting with many levels of management to ensure visibility to all stakeholders.
You’ll report to the North America Finance Director and work with high-functioning team. You’ll support Finance and Sales, model the effectiveness of our plans, and develop performance analytics that translate complex data into actionable insights. As a subject matter expert, you must manage competing priorities, sensitive information and the strategic decision support needed to facilitate critical decisions. This is a roll up your sleeves and dive in role!
When you first start, you’ll…
- Join a team implementing a new technology solution and take on some project management activities
- Gain proficiency in all areas of sales incentive administration including systems, stakeholders and processes
- Become a subject matter expert in the use of Anaplan, Marsh’s various sales plans and payment configurations
After a successful implementation, you’ll…
- Lead the overall sales compensation function as a working manager of a nimble team
- Transform confidential compensation data and into actionable insights for senior sales leadership
- Create a storyline around growth drivers and build the visualization tools needed to communicate it
- Drive investment decision by aligning areas of spend with areas of revenue growth and strategic initiatives
- Use data driven insights to help design plans that that will drive desired behavioral changes aligned with our strategies for incentives and growth
- Develop business solutions in conjunction with Sales, IT, Human Resources, Total Rewards, Legal and Compliance that are a aligned with goals
- Modeling of expected costs of proposed programs and potential revenue growth outcomes
- Evaluate program effectiveness, including financial results and employee engagement impact
- Act as the System Administrator for the Anaplan solution to calculate and process incentive compensation
- Implement business changes to the tool to reflect colleague status, plan adjustments, and target setting
- Oversee the system processing of quarterly, annual and special incentive payments, issue payment approval memo and payroll file.Research disputes and provide insight to facilitate resolution.
- Analyze data, build reports and dashboards to identify trends, performance gaps and opportunities
- Analyze payment trends and outlook in support of the monthly accrual process providing explanation for fluctuations in expense.Instill a financial rigor around the expense planning and forecasting process.
Requirements and attributes:
- 7-10 year’s experience with some prior Team Lead or Management experience
- 4 year college degree, proficient with large data sets, dashboards reporting, Excel and Powerpoint
- Demonstrated experience in quantitative analysis, trend spotting, and creative design
- Experience working with enterprise technology systems, compensation, financial or sales systems preferred (i.e.: Salesforce, Workday, Oracle, Hyperion, Anaplan, Callidus)
- Desire to learn new program language and own on-going program design and management
- Ability to work in a team environment with a high sense of urgency
- Solutions and client service-oriented, with an emphasis on problem solving
- Strong verbal and written communications skills as well as interpersonal and change management skills
- Ability to maintain an extremely high level of confidentiality
- Exhibits good judgment and logical reasoning, coupled with a growth mindset and a desire to constantly improve
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
#SalesIncentive #Anaplan #Callidus #Workday #oracle #Hyperion #Salesforce #TotalRewards #CompensationSpecialist # CompensationManager #TotalRewardsManager #Finance Manager #SalesCompensation #IncentivePlans #BonusPlanning #salesforcecrediting #TerritoryManagement #SalesPerformanceManagement #Strategy&Planning #execremuneration #performance #mobility #employeeengagement #SalesComp #salesBonus #PayForPerformance #retention