Select Account Manager, Employee Health & Benefits (MMA-NE)
Location: New York, New York, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_081190-en Apply
You spend more time working than virtually anything else. Isn’t your time worth more than just a paycheck? If so, Marsh & McLennan Agency may be the place for you. As an MMA colleague, you’ll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining our industry leadership. Discover how much more is possible as you grow or advance your career.
Account Manager, Select Accounts, is assigned accounts normally generating less than $25,000 in annual revenue or account from 2 to 100 lives. All account management will be handled by this individual. This job is approximately 80% internal and 20% client interfacing – including frequent client discussions as necessary and participation in meetings / presentations to decision makers and employees. Comfortable conducting client meetings, employee meetings and employee webinars are essential. Must have the capability to handle a diversified workload with the ability to prioritize, clearly communicate within a structured team model to the appropriate team member and carrier representatives; display a high degree of professionalism; be detail oriented; dependable; process work independently, but work as part of the team; and possess excellent computer skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate with internal staff, benefit administrators, employees, producers and insurance carriers.
- Enforce department rules and regulations when in receipt of marketing paperwork from producer.
- Analyze insurance benefit summaries and make recommendations based upon needs of client/prospective.
- Develop and initiate marketing of Employee Benefit Products
- Distribute small group renewal memos. Call carriers when increases are unusually high.
- Receive and resolve service issues for clients regarding claims, billing, enrollment, general policy / procedure inquiries.
- Process sold case paperwork: ensure all applications are completed correctly and forward to insurance carrier in a timely manner.
- Follow department protocol: receipt of information from producers when marketing a group, file set up, record keeping, documentation of all conversations, complete commission reports and termination reports.
- Handle department auditing for both large and small groups.
- Become the day to day point person for clients
- Minimum of 3 to 5 year experience in the Employee Benefits insurance brokerage/consulting is preferred.
- Maintain a valid State appropriate insurance license for Life/Health.
- Possess strong communication skills necessary for interacting with prospects, existing clients and making presentations.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Employee Benefit Insurance terminology, products and services.
- High proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and web based agency management systems such as Benefitpoint and ImageRight.