Senior Administrative Assistant/Secretary
Location: New York, New York, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_081995-en Apply
We’re looking for a Senior Administrative Assistant. This position is more than answering phones, planning travel and managing a calendar — it’s being an integrated team player, and having fun doing great things.
You will be part of a team that provides best-in-class consulting, rigorous analytics, and data-driven insights to help organizations design and execute sophisticated workforce strategies. The Career team consults on a wide array of workforce solutions, including talent strategy, employee and executive rewards, compensation design, talent mobility, HR and digital transformation, employee communication & change management, and workforce strategy & analytics and diversity. What you’ll work on from one day to the next will change; we promise you won’t be bored.
To fulfill this role, you will be part of an administrative team that provides support such as the following:
- Act as a central contact person and liaison for external clients and Mercer colleagues; communicate on behalf of consultants
- Make travel, appointments and arrangements in connection with offsite meetings
- Manage calendars for consultants
- Some event planning
- Process expense reports
- Provide editing and design to PowerPoint documents for internal and client-facing purposes
- Provide peer review on presentations, proposals etc.
- Provide technical assistance during conference calls, presentations, projections, audiovisual presentations, etc.
- Use financial systems to set up projects, run monthly financial reports and prepare client invoices
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities and work efficiently under limited supervision
- Proven written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with external customers and colleagues
- Maintain a high level of professionalism, integrity, trust and confidentiality
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy
- Good problem solving and judgment capabilities with strong initiative
- Tech savvy with the ability to navigate multiple systems. A strong desire to learn how things work and to become the expert.
- Resourcefulness — you don’t have to have all of the answers, you just have to be willing to find out who does (and yes, sometimes that’s Google).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, with a focus on PowerPoint and Word. Intermediate Excel skills.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.