Senior Administrative Assistant
Location: New York, New York, United States
Company: Guy CarpenterJob ID R_086419-en Apply
Senior Administrative Assistant
New York, NY
Guy Carpenter is hiring a for a Senior Administrative Assistant to support our Broking Support Services group in New York.
What can you expect?
- The Senior Administrative Assistant provides typical administrative support and office oversight support to a team of individuals under limited supervision. This position thinks independently, acts proactively, and uses their professional judgment for problem solving in a support capacity
- The Senior Administrative Assistant interacts with clients when needed and may assist with office responsibilities
- The Senior Administrative Assistant works directly with brokers and others, scheduling appointments, arranging travel and meetings, and responding to other office-related business needs as requested
What is in it for you?
- A company with a strong Brand and strong results to match
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnership with HR from the business
- Competitive pay, full benefits package – starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STI/LTI, life insurance, generous 401k match AND automatic contribution
- Generous Parental Leave and Tuition Reimbursement plan per year and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous paid time off for vacation, sick, company holidays and time to give back to your community
- Employee Resource Groups, which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations
We will count on you to:
- Schedule appointments, arrange travel accommodations, and prepare travel itineraries
- Arrange and book meetings, conferences, teleconferences
- Edit and create documents using PowerPoint, Excel and Word while ensuring all documents produced adhere to MMC’s style guidelines
- General administrative duties including ordering office supplies and coordinating with third party vendor, as applicable
- Prepare and manage expense reports
- Support and assist broking teams by carrying out relevant administrative needs
- Compose and keep record of standard correspondence for review, and follow up on pending matters with brokers and others
- Manage telephone calls/voicemail activity and communicate messages when needed
- Compile travel-related documents as needed
- Negotiate with vendors and review contracts for event planning
- Prepare replies to routine inquiries using standardized formats, referring unusual or complex inquiries to manager
- Prepare reports and summaries when requested
- Organize office moves and coordinate with facilities
- Liaise with building management, facilities and onsite service vendors, as appropriate
What you need to have:
- High School Diploma
- 5 years of business experience
- Exceptional computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Booking travel accommodations
- Well-versed with office equipment (e.g., copiers, conference room equipment, binding machine, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize workload according to volume, urgency, etc.
- Ability to be organized and pay attention to detail
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
- Ability to be discrete and maintain confidentiality on a wide range of issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Resourceful and proactive
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients’ most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter.
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.