Senior Annuity Placement Specialist
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Secondary Locations: New York,New York,United States;Dallas,Texas,United States;Chicago,Illinois,United States;
Company: MercerJob ID R_080621-en Apply
* Please note that location for this position is flexible and can be located anywhere in the United States.
Do you have experience working with the largest employers in the US to set cutting edge wealth management strategies? Do you thrive on analytic challenges and innovative thinking? If so, bring your expertise to Mercer where you will be working to create new answers to the biggest issues facing companies today.
What can you expect?
The Annuity Placement Associate will be instrumental in supporting Mercer’s efforts in the pension risk transfer market.
What’s in it for you?
- We are the global leader in the health and benefits advisory services. We deliver innovative solutions that address the health and wellness needs of our clients and their employees.
- The San Francisco office has an open and collaborative team culture, and values work/life balance and integration.
- On day one you'll be eligible for medical, dental, and vision care benefits, we also offer employee discounts and other special benefits that are too many to name!
- This position accrues 25 vacation days annually and all employees receive 10 sick days
- In addition, Mercer has other benefits such as deals on auto and pet insurance, discounts on products and services, and more.
In this role you will:
- Project manage annuity placements from the initial bidding and price discovery process through execution and post deal transition of pension liabilities
- Liaise with the insurance marketplace of providers offering group annuity products to ensure that the required deliverables are received.
- Analyze pricing to provide unique solutions and support strategy for annuity buyouts. Determine how to show breakdown of accounts to clients and leverage internal resources to execute.
- Create decks, coordinate meetings, respond to questions from insurers, liaise with actuarial team to gather plan and participant data, lead work streams and ensure the process is executed in a timely manner.
- Facilitate the preparation of insurance market due diligence material to support our consulting process around the Department of Labor guidelines for annuity buyout transactions in compliance with interpretive bulletin 95-1
- Consultant on 5-7 clients at a given time; performing modeling, running reports, preparing decks on pension risk transfer and journey planning projects
- Contribute to intellectual capital development around pension risk
- Support on new business pursuits and proposals
- Direct strategy leading up to the annuity placement project, assisting colleagues to identify areas of constraints, solving problems and doing analysis to help support client deliverables
- Ensure all professionalism / compliance standards and processes are understood and followed.
- Scope projects, develop budgets, and follow project plans and perform such project management and recordkeeping as needed to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
What qualifications are necessary to have for the role?
- Minimum Bachelor degree in mathematics, economics, finance or other business-related areas with strong quantitative and analytical course content or direct relevant experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience within an insurance company, financial strategy, investment, and/or actuarial consulting environment
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Overall good technical skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, with a high proficiency in Excel
- Actuarial credentials and/or CFA designation a strong plus
- Experience with investment principles and actuarial calculations
- Previous experience in the insurance or group annuity market is a strong plus
What makes you ideal for the role?
- Self-motivation and an ability to work well in a highly collaborative team environment
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple priorities and work in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment
- Willingness to obtain Life, Accident & Health Insurance licensing (if applicable)
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.