Senior Contract Specialists
Location: New York, New York, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_085689-en Apply
MMA is seeking candidates for the following positions based in the New York City office:
Senior Contracts Specialists
What can you expect?
- The Senior Contract Specialist will be part of MMA (Marsh & McLennan Agency). MMA is the fastest growing area within Marsh; with revenues exceeding $1 billion over the past 10 years.
- The Senior Contract Specialist is part of a small but cohesive team. You will have the opportunity to help grow our capabilities while managing a busy workload. We are looking for two people.
- We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running, is good at learning quickly and works well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- This position offers a high degree of visibility and the chance to work with a variety of people internally and externally.
What is in it for you?
- You will be eligible to enrol in our company health plan, 401(K), flexible spending accounts and a variety of optional insurance coverages such as pet insurance!
- This position will be eligible for 25 vacation days per year as well as 10 sick days and 9 company holidays. We value a strong work/life balance!
- This opportunity is housed in our Midtown Manhattan location. You will have the benefit of working side-by-side with your colleagues in the office. This is a collaborative team looking for someone to compliment not just our skills, but our overall team dynamics
We will count on you to:
- Review and negotiate a variety of contract templates such as client confidentiality agreements, client engagement letters, consulting agreements, vendor agreements and independent contractor contracts
- Advise business colleagues on compromise positions and risks relative to contract provisions
- Conduct negotiations with external third parties and assist with proposal preparation (RFPs) to potential partners
- Assist with projects such as contract efficiency, enterprise risk management and contract reporting/tracking initiatives
- Help create efficiencies around the contract review process
What you need to have:
- Contracts Experience: A background that includes contract reviewing, contract administration and procurement would be highly preferred. Experience with external vendors, contract process efficiencies and forms development good to have as well. An understanding of the legal aspects of contracts important.
- Strong Work Ethic. There is a lot going on and we are looking for someone dedicated to execution, best practice development and consistency in all areas of what we do. This opportunity is part of a cohesive, collaborative team looking to enhance and grow our capabilities.
- Good Communication Skills. The Senior Contracts Specialist will collaborate with a variety of parties internally (Legal, Procurement) and externally (existing and potential clients). Strong presentation, organizational and collaborative skills are important
What makes you stand out:
- Be a hard-working, organized self-starter! We need someone who can “keep all the balls in the air”, use common sense and experience to make decisions and take the initiative to jump in and help where needed, and manage projects/tasks without a lot of oversight.
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA), a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, which serves the risk management and insurance needs of middle market companies in the US. MMA offers clients a broad range of commercial property, casualty and surety products and services; personal lines; solutions for employee health and benefits, retirement and administration needs; and life insurance/estate planning.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.