Senior Hedge Fund Research Associate
Location: Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Secondary Locations: New York,New York,United States;Chicago,Illinois,United States;
Company: MercerJob ID R_057742-en Apply
Senior Hedge Fund Research Associate
The Senior Manager Research Associate will proactively evaluate investment managers to identify those who are most capable of generating value for Mercer's client portfolios and presenting to clients the investment products we research and their prospects for medium to long-term performance relative to its risks. To fulfill this role, the Consultant will:
- Perform due diligence on investment management firms and their investment strategies with limited guidance , through qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Read the investment managers marketing material, review the questionnaires they submit through Mercer's proprietary tool, Global Investment Manager Database.
- Lead and conduct one-on-one meetings with the investment management firms to verify the information they have provided and gain a comprehensive view of the value proposition.
- Perform independent due diligence and verification of facts and opinions.
- Make recommendations internally and to clients, based on due diligence in the form of research notes outlining the strengths and weaknesses of a given strategy and states Mercer's recommendation based on that research.
- Focus on Alternative asset classes or hedge fund managers exclusively
- Produces high quality work, which is consistently accurate, includes commentary that is well written and specific and also peer reviews others work to a high standard. Acts as a central research resource answering questions on a range of areas e.g. markets, managers, products, indices etc.
- May serve as the lead researcher, serving as the category specialist on a specified category of strategies.
- Able to offer opinions on managers to colleagues and to participate in debate.
- Contributes to new business proposals/generation.
- MBA, CFA, CAIA or equivalent experience a plus
- Three to seven years of experience in the institutional investment management or consulting industries
- Strong background in investment analysis, alternative investment research/due diligence experience a plus
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities, and excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to travel regularly to visit with managers and investment consultants located across the country.
- Legal work authorization to work in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office—Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of data analysis, project management, and presentation design
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity; seeking opportunities to develop new skills
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
Be challenged to deliver impactful solutions for major organizations and have a direct impact on their employees
- Fine tune your natural skills and learn new ones
- Opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
- First hand exposure to client work
- Fun social and professional development events
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.