Specialist - FP&A
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Secondary Locations: New York,New York,United States;
Company: MarshJob ID R_045335-en Apply
This position is responsible for providing relevant and consistent financial management information to business partners and leadership teams to help achieve the objectives of a $300 million business unit. The Financial Analyst collects, summarizes, and analyzes facts that serve as critical qualitative and quantitative inputs to the management team for strategic decision making. This individual will also ensure that information and advice is delivered timely and accurately, company policies and procedures are followed and that communication between finance and the business is strong. Overall, this candidate should be a detail-oriented strategic thinker who demonstrates initiative in decision-making, interpersonal, and communication skills with a desire for significant contribution.
- They are business partners with high touch, tailored support for their areas of responsibility (e.g. forecasts, budgets and decision support) who can respond quickly to business needs
- Customized value add analysis (e.g. competitive position, cross sell, funnel analysis, resource allocation)
- Focus on profitable business growth and leverage new COE for running the day to day
- Work with business to implement strategies to grow revenue and reduce costs
Responsibilities to include:
Synthesize and summarize relevant sales, operational (metrics) and financial information into monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for internal clients.
- Identifies & understands trends and changes in business, communicates proactively to management
- Meets with Client Executives and Office Heads to perform comprehensive account reviews and forecasts
- Communicate key data regarding renewals and real-time sales funnel activity for senior management; applying historical trends as guidance for future activity in support forecast
Participates in the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes for assigned areas which would include:
- Ensure revenue forecasting best practices are in place and maintained by the Client Executive teams
- Understands revenue / pipeline booking trends and can use that to supports decisions that impact sales forecasts
- Prepares and maintain departmental quarterly forecast schedules and client specific revenue forecasting syste
- Strong follow-through and collaboration is to accurately reflect business situations
Contributes to the overall growth of the business by developing relationships, company initiatives and performance trends
- Build a credible, proactive, responsive and service focused relationship with business leaders
- Work with cross-functional teams (compliance, controllership, operations, IT, human resources, etc.) to ensure that maximum leverage and efficiency are delivered to the business; streamlining reporting systems and processes where possible
- Provide input into our transformational financial processes and methodologies to ensure that the sophistication of our analytical capabilities continues to evolve
- Must have the ability to work to meet tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Experience with Financial Statements
- Candidate must possess strong Microsoft Office PC skills (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) and have the ability to download and manipulate data from other sources
- Familiarity with SharePoint and Workforce systems a plus
- Experience with a General Ledger and query system (Oracle Financials and Essbase preferred)
- Must have BA/BS in relevant discipline
- Must have 5 to 7 years of experience
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.