Sr. Data Scientist
Location: New York, New York, United States
Company: MarshJob ID R_080192-en Apply
Hands-on Lead Product Development Specialist is Data Scientist with experience in Data Story Telling, advanced team specializing in data products, as well as ad-hoc customer focused projects:
- Collaborate with the other members of Marsh Insurers Consulting Group to identify business needs and data based products and solutions that support and drive revenue growth
- Contribute to a data and efficiency driven culture by conceiving and building Artificial Intelligence, Automation and Business Intelligence solutions.
- A self-starter, creating innovative data products using R, and Python to enhance Data usage as part of Marsh Insurers Consulting Group.
- Identifies new technologies to integrate into existing solutions to expand our capabilities and differentiate the company in the competitive landscape
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches
- Experience communicating the results of analyses with product and leadership teams to influence the strategy of the product
- BA/BS or Masters in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field
- 5+ years of proven experience in an analytics environment, preferably within an Insurance environment
- Strong analytic capabilities with the ability to conceive and build analytical application and data visualizations in python and R, preferably with industry experience as a data scientist or software engineer
- Ability to deliver key insights and recommendations to senior stakeholders
- Data driven with the desire to learn and develop new skills/analytics techniques
- Experience manipulating data sets through statistical software (ex. R, Python)
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.