Strategy & Planning Associate - Office of the CEO
Location: New York, New York, United States
Company: MarshJob ID R_080658-en Apply
Marsh is seeking candidates for the following position based in the New York City office:
Strategy & Planning Associate – Office of the CEO
What can you expect?
Marsh's Strategy & Planning team is looking forward to welcoming a Strategy & Planning Associate to the team. In this role, you’ll be exposed to senior leaders to support the development of global business strategies. You’ll strategize on best practices and create presentations for a senior global audience. You will support the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) in the overall effectiveness and organization of the Office of the CEO (both internally and externally) to include strategy development and communication, business and financial performance analysis, and ensuring the execution of select key initiatives. The Marsh Strategy & Planning team develops, analyses, implements and oversees short and long-term strategic business planning and processes. This group also supports the Marsh Executive Committee in various projects linked with the overall strategy. With a responsibility that spans seven regions, it will be essential for you to have the ability to look at all projects and responsibilities through a global lens.
In this role, you’ll report to the CAO and be part of a small team. In the first 100 days, you’ll be expected to seamlessly integrate with the team and work requirement, generate trust from your work with the Executive Committee through your product ( i.e. preparation of EC Meeting materials and track all action items coming from the Quarterly Ops Reviews, etc).
What's in it for you?
- Culture of internal mobility and collaboration
- Ability to shape the future of our largest business unit, Marsh
- Exposure to senior most leaders at Marsh
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations
- Competitive pay (salary and bonus potential), full benefits package – starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STI/LTI, life insurance, generous 401k match AND contribution
- Eigible for up to $10k tuition reimbursement per year and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Entitled to 17 days of vacation, three personal days, time off to give back to your community, ten sick days, and nine company holidays (with early dismissal)
We will count on you to:
- Work closely with senior leadership to create presentations in support of key initiatives across the organization, including: quarterly operations reviews, business deep-dives, key leadership presentations and other special projects.
- Oversee all aspects of projects, from start to finish, so that it is completed on schedule.
- Provide input to stakeholders by utilizing internal systems, databases and research available.
- Support and develop strategic partnerships with business functions, management, and other internal/external stakeholders.
- Work with the strategy group and various business leaders to help develop and carry out overall annual strategic plans, vision, and values.
- Provide high level analytical support and input to the CAO on issues of varying complexity.
- Coordinate and support the preparation of materials for Marsh & McLennan Executive Committee meetings, as well as Marsh’s Executive Committee meetings and off-sites.
What you need to have:
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred
- Proactive approach, organized, strategic planner with the ability to navigate ambiguity, operate with urgency and work autonomously to develop out-of-the-box ideas
- Proven analytical skills and ability to manipulate large data sets to identify key themes and opportunities both globally and within regions
- Proven ability to project manage multiple projects on a stand-alone basis, managing multiple stakeholders and timelines, driving results
What makes you stand out:
- Strong working knowledge of the insurance industry across multiple geographies
- Experience working in a multi-national, globally matrixed insurance organization preferred; past experience working for a global broker is a plus; Management Consulting experience highly desirable
- Comfortable with ambiguity – proven ability to go deep into a particular area with limited background and move seamlessly from strategic to tactical
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.