Talent Acquisition Manager
Location: New York, New York, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_061342-en Apply
The Talent Acquisition (TA) Relationship Manager partners with the TA Leadership and business clients to design, develop and lead the implementation of highly effective, results-driven recruiting processes, tools and strategies for their assigned business. Key responsibilities include identifying and implementing best practices, processes, metrics and tools that provide a diverse, high quality, top talent pipeline to meet the hiring goals for their business. The purpose of this job is to provide full life cycle recruiting expertise for mid-senior level experienced/professional hiring needs across the US with assigned line of business (LOB) or business groups aligned to the respective zone including job posting, resume review, cold-calling, candidate interviewing, applicant tracking and new hire selection. Responsible for setting minimum standards in determining the appropriate slate of candidates and making recommendations to the hiring manager as to the best qualified candidates.
- Consult and partner with hiring managers/business leaders and human resources to implement the talent acquisition process and understand the talent acquisition strategy for hiring needs at the professional and senior level within the line of business(s) (LOBs) or business group(s) assigned.
- Provide recruiting expertise and guidance to US leadership within the organization; Be a true advisor and consultant to the business.
- Communicate, influence, educate and champion Talent Acquisition model to senior management and business partners. Identify and utilize cost effective targeted sourcing strategies and selection tools for the recruiting process to effectively build and maintain a pipeline of qualified candidates and reduce search firm utilization.
- Build strong, consultative relationships with internal customer base.
- Accountable for managing and directing a team of 5-10 recruiting professionals to ensure current and future business hiring needs are met in a timely, effective and cost efficient professional manner. Lead by example by providing clear direction, coaching and mentoring of the recruitment team on an on-going basis. Mentor and coach other recruiters about the talent acquisition process, procedures, tools and candidate sourcing.
- Participate in regional and national business leader and human resource meetings as required by video and in person. Act as a key liaison for TA with the business.
- Educate hiring teams, business leaders and human resources on national talent acquisition best practices, interviewing processes and expectations through utilization of established materials such as Service Level Agreement (SLA), Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s), Client Engagement meeting, Interview guides, etc.
- Maintain Workday applicant tracking database integrity and follow national recruiting policy and processes and all applicable laws.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 8 + years of recruiting experience in a corporate recruiting and/or search firm environment responsible for all aspects of the recruiting process, including sourcing, selection and interviewing
- Experience with applicant tracking systems, preferably Workday
- Knowledgeable of recruiting best practices
- Recruiting experience in a search firm or third party environment; sales experience considered
- Insurance, HR Consulting or Professional Services Industry preferred
- Will have established contacts/relationships in the marketplace for candidate lead generation
- Previous success in direct sourcing, cold-calling and identifying non-active qualified job seekers to hiring managers
- Excellent planning, organizational and facilitation skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and closing skills
- Client service driven with strong organizational and project management skills
- LinkedIn Recruiter Recruiter and direct sourcing experience
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $15billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.