Location: Norwich, United Kingdom
Company: MarshJob ID R_064824-en Apply
Norwich City Centre
Starting salary dependent on skills & experience
If you’re good with figures and have a passion for delivering outstanding results, we’d like to hear from you.
Based within our busy Fiduciary department, this is an extremely varied and challenging insurance accounting based role, where you will be responsible for the transition of funds between clients and insurers.
To succeed in this position, you will be highly numerate, enjoy working with figures and thrive on being able to resolve complex queries. An excellent communicator, you will also enjoy building and developing strong working relationships with clients and/or insurers, be comfortable working with MS Excel and adept at managing a varied and demanding workload.
- Account reconciliation and ledger management.
- Raising and sending payment requests.
- Investigating and resolving any unmatched cash issues/financial exposures.
- Credit control activities.
- Working out different tax/commission rates.
- Acting upon payment conditions and deadlines as appropriate.
- Producing and delivering information and documentation in line with requirements.
- Developing strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Key skills/experience required:
- Previous accounts/credit control experience within a similar (ideally accounting/insurance related) role.
- Good level of education with clear strengths in Maths/Finance/Accounting/Business related subjects.
- Strong numeracy skills, with demonstrable experience of working with figures.
- Proven track record in handling and resolving complex customer queries in a financial setting – strong problem solving skills absolutely essential.
- Excellent prioritisation skills with the ability to deal with conflicting demands.
- High level of accuracy with impeccable attention to detail.
- Experience with dealing with multi-currencies advantageous, although not essential
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel
As a global leader in insurance broking and risk management, Marsh helps our clients succeed by defining, designing and delivering innovative industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. We have 27,000 employees worldwide, operations in more than 130 countries and annual revenue of approximately $5.4 Billion, along with comprehensive global expertise that spans 26 industry practices and more than 30 risk and specialty practices.
Benefits & Culture:
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package to include; generous pension scheme, employee assistance programme, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and a number of other programmes. We also support continued professional development and where appropriate will assist you in obtaining industry specific qualifications relevant to your area, such as support and funding for AAT Exams.
Marsh also offers a flexible benefit scheme to allow you to select benefits that are most appropriate for your lifestyle and personal circumstances. For example, these include options to buy season ticket loans, additional days’ holiday, dental, travel and personal accident insurance, together with a number of staff discounts available in the retail and leisure sectors, such as discounted gym membership.
For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.