Data Management Analyst
Location: Norwich, United Kingdom
Company: MarshJob ID R_050879-en Apply
Are you a data management professional with strong analytical skills and a desire to work with analytical information, playing a key role within a highly internally networked function?
If so Marsh has an exciting vacancy for a Data Analyst to join our offices in Norwich working as part of a global team heavily involved in Master Data Management, Analysis and Reconciliation.
The Data Management Analyst classifies and manages master reference data to support optimal usage of the information within strategic applications and reporting. The colleague must be proficient in data analysis and research/ investigation to ensure the group’s standards and data integrity are met. This role collaborates and connects to a wide range of business and technology stakeholders. Additionally, the role will require you to remain flexible to changes within projects/business requirements, and be able to perform independently with regional group’s business users and I.T.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Data stewardship for master reference data housed within a global repository that serves as the foundation of consuming strategic applications. Master reference data includes but is not limited to: company, industry, segmentation, geography and global application-specific elements
- Manage internal and external master reference data and effect required changes in adherence with a consistent and pre-defined schedule for implementation
- Perform data analysis to determine issues, draw conclusions, problem solve and make recommendations
- Assure the highest quality and integrity of data to support accurate consistent, well understood and timely information is available for use business wide
- Working as required with regional teams in identifying and documenting the sequence of tasks/steps needed to manage master reference data
- Effectively communicate both written and orally to internal/ business colleagues being serviced
- Generate reports for data clean-up, quality control, data health check and data metrics
- Quickly learn the basics of Marsh’s business to be better positioned to support the customer
- Create/ define standardised processes and procedure documents within the scope of process management to help teams manage the master data consistently and efficiently
Skills & Qualifications
- Current/ recent experience with data analysis, data quality or master reference data management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – this is a business facing position
- Experience within or strong knowledge of insurance
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Technically proficient in MS office products including; Excel, (pivot tables, v-look ups).
- Access and Visio experience appreciated
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: pension, health and welfare, tuition assistance, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.