Operations and Administration Assistant - Entry Level
Location: Norwich, United Kingdom
Company: MarshJob ID R_046709-en Apply
Are you looking for an administration position working on a diverse range of tasks within the insurance sector? Do you have strong communication and organisation skills? Are you looking for a role that will allow you to be more involved within a market leader and offer the opportunity of career progression? By joining Marsh in our Norwich office, this opportunity would see you working closely with colleagues to support a range of our businesses.
Purpose of Role
- To provide operational and administrative support to the practices within Client Advisory Services (CAS)
- The role will incorporate day-to-day administration, financial activities and internal compliance for the Risk Consulting, Risk Analytics and Claims Advisory practices.
- Act as the central business support unit for all project management administration, invoicing and reconciling activities
- Initiating new projects on appropriate systems to enable consultants to record hours worked and monitor project budgets
- Client billing, including timely production of client invoicing, checking, sending to client and monitoring timely payment.
- Organising travel booking and expenses
- Maintenance of procedures documents
- Support of business development activities including preparation of statements of work
- Team administration activities including maintenance of various logs including holiday tracker, insurance bursary and sales funnel trackers
- Responsible for monitoring compliance logs, notifying or escalating issues/ breaches that arise as appropriate
- Working with consultants to ensure they are compliant
Skills & Experience
- Experience of working with MS Office packages
- Ability to manage own workload
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and be able to work flexibly when required
- Good organisational skills
- Strong level of numeracy
- Excellent communication skills
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).