Technical Insurance Administrator/Technician
Location: Norwich, United Kingdom
Company: MarshJob ID R_042180-en Apply
Insurance Technician - Energy
If you’re good with figures, have an incredible eye for detail, we would like to hear from you.
Ideally you will have previous office experience, with an analytical mind set and a loyal and committed attitude. You will also enjoy a busy and challenging workload and work well autonomously and as part of a wider team. Previous experience of working within a regulated environment such as Pensions or Financial Services would also be ideal, where high levels of accuracy are crucial.
- Produce insurance documentation such as invoices, covering letters and cover notes, ensuring that these are sent to the client in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work with numerical data and excel spreadsheets.
- Ensure that internal systems are updated correctly and ready for when payments are made.
- Work on large, complex, global insurance contracts, involving multiple insurers and high value insurance placements.
- Gain excellent exposure to the commercial insurance industry and thrive on working autonomously to deliver outstanding levels of service, whilst developing expertise within your field.
- Manage and prioritise your own workload in order to meet deadlines and maintain Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
- Develop an in-depth knowledge and understanding of your specific sector
Key skills/experience required:
- Good standard of education, to include Grade C or above in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent).
- Previous office/technical/insurance related experience, which has demanded high attention to detail.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to think outside the box.
- Good numeracy skills, with previous experience of working with figures.
- Excellent prioritisation skills.
- Basic knowledge of MS Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to promote continuous improvement and respond positively to change.
- Previous experience of or within a process driven environment advantageous.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance programme management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide.
Benefits and Culture:
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package to include: generous pension scheme, employee assistance programme, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and a number of other programmes. We also fully support continued professional development and where appropriate, will assist you in obtaining industry specific qualifications, relevant to your area, such as support and funding for CII Exams.
Marsh also offers a flexible benefit scheme to allow you to select benefits that are most appropriate for your lifestyle and personal circumstances. For example, these include options to buy season ticket loans, additional days’ holiday, dental, travel and personal accident insurance, together with a number of staff discounts available in the retail and leisure sectors, such as discounted gym membership.
For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.