Business Systems Coordinator
Location: Norwood, Massachusetts, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_048255-en Apply
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth, and performance of their most vital asset – their people. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about delivering quality service, love solving problems, and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the many job opportunities available through Mercer. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity to join the Mercer Marketplace Team, a rapidly growing segment of Mercer that administers employers of all sizes health and wellness benefits programs.
As a Business Systems Coordinator in the health and benefits (H&B) administration business, you’ll work as part of a team on annual projects to review client requirements and perform gap and/or impact analysis in the development of system architecture and plans. In this key consultative role, you will help improve the participant experience by delivering superior quality results as you configure and test proprietary systems for new and existing clients. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will also need to effectively drive compromise with key partners, maintain outstanding attention to detail, facilitate the programing, and track and own the establishment of complex provisions on the system platform.
If you are proactive, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, can multitask and manage your time effectively while maintaining a customer focus, Mercer would like to offer you a rewarding career. Join us as we help millions of benefit plan participants live, work, and retire well.
- Lead team meetings to provide insight and feedback based on your expertise and knowledge of proprietary system capabilities and functionality as requirements are developed.
- Facilitate solutions and monitor the build of complex provisions on the system platform to meet requirement specifications and assure quality results.
- Manage configuration of the system from start to finish, including client and internally initiated requests
- Manage offshore resources to meet strict deadlines and deliverables as well as training and supporting the offshore associates
- Assist in the design and execution of test plans (unit, regression, and client).
- Take responsibility for delivering a quality product and serve as an accountable member of the support team.
- Assist in the implementation of client acquisitions onto the record keeping system.
- Communicate progress and align expectations with all support team members and stakeholders as systems are configured.
Core Competencies and Requirements:
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Access, and MS Word.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical quantitative discipline or Associate’s degree with associated work experience.
- A minimum of three years’ experience.
- Strong technical writing, programming fundamentals, relational databases, and data analysis skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Knowledge of and experience working in health and benefits administration a plus.
- This role can be a Remote Location.
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer’s more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.