Implementation Services Specialist
Location: Norwood, Massachusetts, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_043117-en Apply
We currently have exciting career opportunities to join Mercer’s Benefits Administration business, a growing segment of Mercer that administers large employers’ health and retirement benefits programs.
As an Implementation Services Specialist in the defined benefits (DB) administration business, you’ll work as part of a team on new client implementation projects. You may also support existing clients through the performance of special projects, execution of any required system modifications due to changes in requirements, or direct client delivery. We are looking for resources to fill Requirements, Configuration and Quality Assurance specialist roles. In one of these roles, you will help define the participant experience by delivering superior quality results as we implement new clients on our pension administration system.
If you are proactive, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, can multitask and manage your time effectively while maintaining a customer focus, Mercer would like to offer you a rewarding career. Join us as we help millions of benefit plan participants live, work, and retire well.
- Partner with senior client resources to gain a thorough understanding of the plan participants, provisions and overall needs with regard to their pension administration.
- Create client custom requirements documents, meet with client to review and gain approval, and deliver the requirements to internal team members to configure the Defined Benefit administration system.
- Partner with offshore resources to meet strict deadlines on technical configuration, ultimately delivering a system that meets client specifications and timing as outlined in project plan.
- Utilize requirements document to develop testing strategy, designing and executing detailed test plans (unit, regression, and client) to assure quality delivery.
- Take responsibility for delivering a quality product and serve as an accountable member of the support team.
- Proactively identify, independently evaluate and suggest recommended solutions to issues encountered during the implementation process.
- Communicate progress and align expectations with all project team members throughout the implementation process.
Core Competencies and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical quantitative discipline or Associate’s degree with associated work experience.
- A minimum of three years’ experience.
- Strong technical writing, programming fundamentals, relational databases, data analysis skills, and testing methodology.
- Knowledge of and experience working in defined benefits administration preferred.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Access, and MS Word.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).