Risk & Controls Specialist
Location: Norwood, Massachusetts, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_051101-en Apply
As a member of the Mercer Services COE Risk & Controls team, the Risk & Controls Specialist will manage internal and external audits, develop and execute process reviews, analyze and evaluate control environments and develop, negotiate and lead remediation corrective action efforts. The Risk & Controls Specialist is responsible for critical audit management tasks including: assessing and determining audit population, collecting requested information, analyzing audit submission materials, performing problem solving with auditors and internal business partners, and ensuring audit timelines are met.
The Risk & Controls Specialist is also responsible for analyzing audit findings, developing management responses, developing recommendations for corrective action, reviewing and negotiating proposed remediation plan with Operations and MGTI, performing steps to remediate and implementing remediation plans with internal business partners and communicating best practices to middle management. Performing risk assessments, identifying existing controls and control gaps, developing recommendations to address gaps, negotiating with Operations to influence remediation steps are also responsibilities of the Risk & Controls Specialist.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
· BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience preferred, degree in Accounting/Auditing or Finance a plus
· 5 to 8 years of business experience
· Knowledge of defined benefit and/or health and benefit administration a plus.
· Demonstrated ability to plan, manage, and execute projects while ensuring deliverables and specifications are met.
· Excellent technical, analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills.
· Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word.
· Strong leadership skills; ability to model desired work values and practices for other team members and create a team setting that encourages both individual and team accomplishments.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to present complex issues/data with a high level of clarity and impact.
· High degree of discretion and independent judgment with an understanding of controls.
· Ability to work independently and initiate and lead projects while at the same time being an effective member within a team environment.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers