Senior Implementation Services Specialist
Location: Norwood, Massachusetts, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_064121-en Apply
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth, and performance of their most vital asset – their people. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about delivering quality service, love solving problems, and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the many job opportunities available through Mercer. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital.
We currently have exciting career opportunities to join Mercer Service’s Benefits Administration business, a growing segment of Mercer that administers large employers’ health and retirement benefits programs.
As a Senior Implementation Services Specialist in the health and benefits administration business, you’ll work as part of a team dedicated to the upgrade of existing clients to a more robust solution. You will support existing clients through the performance of special projects, execution of any required system modifications due to changes in requirements, or direct client delivery. We are looking for resources with the skill sets to complete custom client data analysis, business analysis for client solutioning, configuration and quality assurance. As a key resource assigned to clients, you will help define the participant experience by delivering superior quality results as we develop solutions to upgrade clients as well continue to support and develop the client technical solutions in our internal proprietary administration system. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you’ll need to effectively drive compromise with key partners both internally and externally, in an ever changing agile environment.
If you are proactive, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, can multitask and manage your time effectively while maintaining a customer focus, Mercer would like to offer you a rewarding career. Join us as we help millions of benefit plan participants live, work, and retire well.
- Partner with senior client resources to gain a thorough understanding of the plan participants, provisions and overall needs with regard to client managed administration.
- Analyze client custom requirements documents, meet with client teams and potentially clients to review and gain approval, and develop internal technical documentation and solutions to meet the client requirement need.
- Partner with onshore as well as offshore resources to meet strict deadlines in delivering a configuration that meets client specifications and timing as outlined in project plan.
- Utilize data analysis along with client requirements to develop specific configuration, solutions as well as processes and testing strategy to assure quality delivery.
- Take responsibility for delivering a quality product and serve as an accountable member of the upgrade team.
- Proactively identify, independently evaluate and suggest recommended solutions to issues encountered during the upgrade process.
- Communicate progress and align expectations with all project team members throughout the upgrade process.
- This role can be virtual.
Core Competencies and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical quantitative discipline or significant associated work experience.
- A minimum of five years’ experience.
- Strong knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle methodologies specifically Agile.
- Strong analytical skills with experience working with relational databases, and data analysis skills.
- Knowledge of and experience working in health benefits administration preferred.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL, C or Java programming languages, as well as working in MySQL, SQL Server or Oracle databases along with MS Excel, MS Access, and MS Word.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, a 401(k) plan, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages, and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. To learn more, please visit us at www.mmc.com/diversity.