Service Delivery Team Manager
Location: Norwood, Massachusetts, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_048258-en Apply
The purpose of this role is to manage the ongoing Health and Benefits Administration Service Delivery of MM365 Benefit Administration for a portfolio of clients. If you are seeking an opportunity to manage people and client relationships while ensuring satisfaction of our clients and our stakeholders, this role might be of interest to you.
Responsibilities will include:
Service Delivery Management:
- Ownership of overall management of service delivery team. This includes ensuring timely/ thorough issue resolution and response on client requests.
- Accountable for ensuring the Consulting & Service Delivery partnership is operating efficiently and effectively for all assigned clients.
- Monitor client health via dashboards focusing on and implementing steps to address areas of client dissatisfaction or Mercer risk
- Regularly review client SLAs and all client metrics to ensure we are meeting client and operational expectations; highlight areas of risk to senior leadership as needed
- Collaborate with the Service Delivery Specialist (SDS) to evaluate risk and message to consulting and client when we are asked to support nonstandard processes.
- Recognize early and manage risks or issues that may arise across clients to protect against further errors and omissions.
- Support operational and compliance audits.
- Responsible for disseminating information to team including multi-client issues, clean-up work/strategies, multi-client process changes and being first point of contact for questions
- Attend and participate in client calls as needed with the ability to engage in difficult or challenging conversations related to open issues, processes or changes
- Collaborate with fellow Team Leaders to ensure standardization across teams as well as identify areas for process improvement and enhancements
- Identify and engage additional resources when necessary to complete required work
- Monitor and ensure up to date client project plans during annual enrollment
Team & People Management:
- Prepare for and facilitate weekly team meetings to discuss current a, initiatives, updates, and address questions
- Act as first point of contact for Service Delivery Specialists for questions, escalations or clarifications
- Be accessible to team for questions and support including facilitating
- Weekly 1:1 meetings with direct reports. Coach direct reports in establishing goals, career-pathing & development opportunities
- Monitor and ensure team’s adherence to control objectives including, maintaining project logs and utilization of standard MM365 processes and templates
- Monitor all clients’ overall health and work with Service Delivery Specialists on “Get to Green” plans
- Ensure standard operating procedures are followed.
- Utilize MercerPulse data to forecast workflow and to determine appropriate resourcing for activities; effectively manage any changes needed
- All aspects of Talent Acquisition, Performance evaluations, career development, and progressive counseling ensuring PDPs, PIPs and career maps in place.
- Act as role model for SDS’s encouraging development and growth
- Deputise for SDS and senior SDM where required.
Process Management & Reporting:
- Review out of scope items/change orders prior to submission to business partners to ensure they are appropriate and contain complete information as well as associated fees provided by business partners for accuracy and proper notification to clients.
- Track costs for change orders to ensure they’re consistent across change type/complexity.
- Lead global fix/enhancement work initiatives – ensuring Service Delivery Specialist (SDS) is updating client specific requirements, necessary changes are communicated with business partners, updates are made and appropriate testing occurred.
- Accountable for validating all required reporting (internal and external) is being completed by team and accurately reflects open issues and status. Reports include dashboards, ad-hoc requests for information from internal teams/ business partners, and client reporting such as premiums
- Ensure adherence to process, audit compliance where relevant and ensure metrics remain green.
Core Competencies and Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years in specific domains of HR administration (Health& Group Benefits) is required
- Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills; ability to model desired work values and practices for all team members
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, including strong excel skills
- Previous experience in Health & Welfare benefit administration and people management
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; proven ability to research, follow up and resolve complex issues or problems surfaced by the team
- Ability to create a team environment that encourages both individual and team accomplishments; ability to establish measurable goals and evaluate the performance of team members
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to present complex issues/data with a high level of clarity and impact
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer’s more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.