Bilingual Claims Analyst - VICTOR CANADA (VCAN#)
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Company: MarshJob ID R_062344-en Apply
Victor Canada one of Canada's leading insurance management companies which develops and administers insurance programs and distributes them through a network of licensed agents and brokers to individuals, professionals, organizations and employers.
At Victor Canada, we believe our people are our most important asset. We offer a dynamic and challenging work environment, training and development opportunities, a competitive total rewards package and believe in work/life balance.
Are you a self motivated individual with strong analytical, problem solving and client focused skills? Do you have a background in insurance, claims adjusting, financial, legal, engineering or environmental/construction field? Do you enjoy analyzing and synthesizing information; strategizing, negotiating and making decisions; building long lasting customer relationships; multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment and continuous learning? If so, this role may be for you.
We are currently recruiting for aBilingual Claims Analysts in our Professional Liability Claims Department to work with adjusters, technical experts and legal counsel to develop and coordinate defense strategies in order to bring insurance claims to a prompt and final resolution.
- Review and assess new claims to determine coverage and take appropriate action
- Retain and instruct lawyers/adjusters and experts as required
- Determine liability and value of claim, set reserves accordingly, establish resolution plan
- Coordinate and control progress of files including liaison with lawyers, adjusters, insurers and insureds
- Report to insurers on large claims and present files at semi-annual insurers meetings
- Prepare for and attend settlement conferences and meditations
- Liaise with underwriting department with respect to claims
- Prepare and deliver presentations to insureds and brokers as well as “in-house” presentations/seminars
- Participate in risk management seminars and company events
- Some travel may be required
- Two to four years work experience and/or education background in: insurance, claims adjusting, finance/business, legal, project management, engineering or construction environmental technology
- Effective problem solver and strong analytical skills in order to analyze problems and develop/implement effective solutions
- Exceptional customer service skills in order to build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients
- Service oriented professional with a positive attitude and a strong desire to succeed
- Strong decision making, organizational and negotiation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sound judgment
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to effectively function in a team environment
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong computer skills in MS Office and Outlook
- Fluent (both written and oral) in both official languages is mandatory
- For the right candidate, role can be remote.
Victor Insurance Holdings, is the world’s largest managing general underwriter with locations in the US, Canada, UK, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, and Australia. It handles more than $1.6 billion USD in premium on behalf of numerous insurance carriers, through a large network of more than 25,000 active insurance agents and brokers. With deep, specialized underwriting expertise, the company provides a wide range of insurance coverage – from specialty property and casualty and professional liability insurance to group and retiree benefits. Victor Insurance is committed to building on 60-plus years of experience to develop products that address risk in new and evolving areas. For more information, visit www.victorinsurance.com.
Victor Canada, formerly ENCON Group Inc., is a subsidiary of Victor Insurance Holdings and a leading managing general agent in Canada. Victor Canada has a rich history in specialty insurance, and offers a unique range of products and programs distributed through independent brokers and advisors. The company is committed to empowering insurance professionals and their clients through innovation, specialized underwriting expertise, and a nimble, technology-oriented business approach. For more information, visit www.victorinsurance.ca.