Senior Underwriter - ENCON
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Company: MarshJob ID R_036929-en Apply
ENCON Group Inc. is one of Canada's leading managing general agents, which develops and administers insurance programs and distributes them through a network of licensed agents and brokers to individuals, professionals, organizations and employers. At ENCON, we believe our people are our most important asset. We offer a dynamic and challenging work environment, training and development opportunities, a competitive total rewards package and we believe in work/life balance.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Underwriter (Architects & Engineers) (ideally bilingual) in our Ottawa office. The Underwriter is responsible for the renewal of existing business and the generation of new accounts. Determines appropriate terms and conditions for coverages and rates for program profitability.
- Generation of new business and servicing of existing renewal accounts on complete product line within the Department.
- Determine appropriate terms and conditions for coverage and rates for program profitability
- Assess exposure and determine rates, terms and conditions of coverage in accordance with underwriting guidelines
- Negotiate terms and conditions with brokers, bind coverage and initiate issuance of documents, maintain awareness of market conditions, exposures, claims, profitability initiatives and competition
- Able to travel as well as prepare and conduct presentations to a variety of audiences
- Post secondary education in commerce, economics, business administration, engineering or related discipline, experience in the insurance field is an asset
- Knowledge of the construction industry is an asset, working towards or completion of industry related professional designations
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong computer skills in Word and Excel, experience with Power Point would be an asset
- Effective analytical abilities along with strong multitasking skills
- Excellent marketing and communications skills including ability to make presentations to large groups
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively function in a team environment
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Underwriting skills an asset
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset