Senior Consultant - MMA Overland Park, KS
Location: Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_039154-en Apply
You spend more time working than virtually anything else. Isn’t your time worth more than just a paycheck? If so, Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) located in Overland Park, KS may be the place for you. As an MMA colleague, you’ll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement.
Our talented colleagues work hard to make a difference in the moments that matter for our clients, communities and each other. Discover how much is possible as you grow or advance your career.
The Senior Consultant maintains relationships with client decision-maker and has overall responsibility for assigned accounts by managing a book of business while securing new accounts referred through cross-sell opportunities with the Commercial Insurance Team/Producer. Also manages coverage analysis, marketing, consulting and other various service activities, including new business and renewal negotiations with large, complex clients or accounts.
- Builds effective and collaborative relationships with the key decision-makers within referral organizations.
- Uses highly consultative approach to setup sales meetings and conduct face-to-face meetings with prospects.
- Collaborates with Commercial Insurance team to understand the needs and challenges of referral prospects.
- Presents the MMA value proposition and industry best practices to assist in meeting their benefits needs.
- Prepares client proposal that clearly outlines advantages of the MMA proposal.
- Investigates and answers client inquires regarding benefits coverage.
- Gathers information from clients to use in underwriting efforts.
- Markets employee benefit insurance coverage with various carriers to obtain the best option for the client.
- Negotiates coverage and service that matches client needs.
- Analyzes options for employee benefit coverage.
- Advises clients of their benefit plan options and rates to collaboratively develop client strategy for coverage.
- Develops benefit communications and presents benefit plans to clients’ employees during open enrollment.
- Discusses benefit options with clients’ new employees and processes their enrollment with carriers.
- Resolves issues with carriers regarding claims of clients’ employees, billing, eligibility, etc...
- Informs and educates clients on legislative updates and compliance issues.
- Reports plan utilization information to client periodically.
- Develops marketing strategy for each renewal.
- Develops long term strategy with clients and new business opportunities.
- Maintains professional development through trade press, training sessions and continuing education programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Business, Insurance or Communications or equivalent combination of education and experience with 5-8 years employee benefits experience with all aspects of brokering required. 8-12 years’ experience preferred.
- Life and Health License required
- Driver?s License and proper insurance required
- CEBS designation preferred
Special Requirements /Skills:
- Strong Technical knowledge of benefits insurance coverage
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- Good typing skills: 40-45 wpm
- Working knowledge of BenefitPoint/ImageRight
- Ability to use other general office equipment
- Excellent customer service and phone etiquette
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong time management, delegation and organizational skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Typical office environment
- Local travel required
- Minimal overnight travel
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) firmly believes it is the character and commitment of our people that make a difference in the moments that matter. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams. More than just insurance brokers, we believe that a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep employees engaged and productive.
If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering excellent service, we are interested in hearing from you.