Vice President, Business Insurance Sales Leader (Palm Beaches)
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, United States
Secondary Locations: Tequesta,Florida,United States;
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_076273-en Apply
Established as one of the premier insurance agencies in the USA, Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is meeting the needs of mid-sized businesses across the country. MMA’s services are targeted to customers who seek professional advice on program structure, market knowledge, experience and expertise in their industry, along with local resources and service professionals.
MMA provides global risk management, risk consulting, insurance brokerage, alternative risk financing, and program management services for businesses, public entities, associations, professional services organizations, and private clients. We offer specialized products and services covering a wide spectrum of risks.
As an MMA associate, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation
- Entrepreneurial leadership
- Unmatched, scalable resources
- International platforms tailored at the local level
- Focused practice groups/industry verticals
- Belief in the power of strong carrier partnerships
- A firm that is committed to core values
This role will be based in either our Palm Beach Gardens location or our Tequesta location.
Provides leadership, strategic direction, and oversight for Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Tequesta, and Vero Sales Markets for Business Insurance. Works closely with Division leadership to ensure the attainment of the Agency’s broader goals. Leads and manages Producers to ensure highest level of profitability through strong, effective relationships with clients and prospects. Assists, directly and indirectly, with generating revenue by obtaining new and retaining existing client relationships. Aids in the recruitment, onboarding, development, training and validating new production talent.
- Leads Business Insurance Sales territory for Palm Beach, Tequesta, Palm Beach Gardens, Vero and team members to exceed sales goals to steer growth for the market.
- Responsible for performance management and career development of Business Insurance sales colleagues across the region, including succession planning activities.
- Participates in recruitment, retention and succession of sales talent for the Region; embraces and is actively engaged with intern, recent graduate, and new hire programs, as well as any other talent development initiatives or organizational learning opportunities to attain sales, service and profitability objectives.
- Manages, motivates and develops Producers to establish and achieve and exceed annual sales and retention goals.
- Coaches Sales team on availability and usage of the MMA/Marsh resources including championing the Accelerate methodology, the use of Salesforce, and the other sales - related systems and programs for training and sales success
- Conducts regular sales meetings to review business strategy, educational training, production progress and support of sales initiatives.
- Provides leadership and sets strategic direction to ensure achievement of Business Growth and EBITDA goals.
- Manages the Palm Beach County Sales Market budget; monitor the Sales Market’s financial condition by monitoring an operating budget and financial ratios. Analyze costs, producer and account profitability, and profitability of segments.
- Drives client engagement that meets/exceeds retention goals, recognizes cross-sale opportunities, and delivers a positive referral source for prospective clients.
- Ensures compliance with corporate and legal standards and mitigates firm risks with compliance and audit procedures across all lines of business
- Seeks out and is active in strategic partner discussions with insurance brokerage firms that will be additive to MMA-FL
- Serves on MMA-FL Business Insurance leadership team to focus on long-medium-short- term strategic planning and decision making processes for the Region, including business retention and growth; oversight on policy development; and, client, colleague and community experience opportunities.
- Complete other projects as requested by the President of Business Insurance for the MMA-FL Region.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Will consider equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 5+ years Sales management/office leadership.
- Previous experience as Business Insurance/Commercial Lines sales professional preferred.
- Familiarity with Palm Beach Market (Martin, Port St. Lucie & surrounding counties) preferred.
- Strong Leadership skills and proven track record of recruiting and developing producers preferred.
- Outstanding professionalism and business planning capability.
- Strong client experience skills with a proved record of successfully developing and implementing client retention programs.
- Negotiates well in difficult situations and skilled in conflict resolution techniques.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a self-starter and be comfortable managing a diverse team.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and writing skills, as well as a high level of proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels in the organization and with different groups and stakeholders.
- Ability to travel (30-40%).
2015, 2013, 2011 BEST PLACES TO WORK - South Florida Business Journal
2012 HEALTHIEST EMPLOYERS - South Florida Business Journal
2011 TOP INSURANCE FIRMS IN SOUTH FLORIDA - Business Leader Magazine
2015, 2011, 2009 SOUTH FLORIDA WORKSITE WELLNESS AWARD
2018, 2016 AMERICA’s BEST LARGE EMPLOYERS - Forbes
2016 AHA Fit Friendly
2019, 2017, 2016 SOUTH FLORIDA’S TOP WORKPLACES – Sun Sentinel
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.