Business Developer/ Sales Specialist H/F
Location: Paris, France
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_053618-fr Apply
At Mercer you will be a key part of the European Direct Sales team responsible for driving new business sales for the latest Career product solutions. Initially the focus will be on driving sales for Sirota, Talent All Access Portal and our Workforce Analytics solution.
The key focus of the role-
- Achieves sales goals by maintaining and gaining large, high- yield accounts through referrals, conducting strategized cold calls, following up on RFPs, general market exposure and frequent interactions with existing accounts
- Maintaining high levels of sales activity at least 15 first sales interactions each month with new and existing Mercer clients
- Develops an effective method for targeting and conducting sales cold calls to address and market to an evident business need, personal credibility and professional networks or leverage capabilities from internal solutions to engage prospective accounts and gain interest.
- Evaluates complex or large-scale account needs or expectations to generate appropriate responses to RFPs, sales presentations and formal sales proposals
- Facilitates the sales process for large or complex accounts; working understand the account needs, gain the business, manage the pricing and scope negotiation process, and secure a sizeable profit to benefit the book of business.
- Identifies opportunities and advises existing accounts on the business value of products and solutions where appropriate to expand existing accounts and gain credibility and experience to target new similar accounts in the market to sell to.
- Leverages an advanced understanding of all operating company solutions & offerings to facilitate cross-op co sales deals and maximize company profit while servicing client needs.
- Checks in with high-level account stakeholders throughout the sales process and shortly after sales transactions have been completed to ensure the quality of service meets or exceeds expectations.
- Liaises frequently with existing or former account contacts to maintain or increase proximity to a market, uphold the business presence within a company and ensure any and all future needs are secured.
- Is an acknowledged member of relevant professional and industry-related organizations, attends, contributes to and may plan conferences and relevant engagements, and author’s feasibility studies to expand and maintain a large professional network and gain exposure.
Experience, skills & attributes
At least 7 years of sales experience
Successful track record selling to C- level executive
Experienced selling to HR professionals
Comfortable operating with volume based activity metrics
Happy to challenge the status quo
High levels of business acumen
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer