NERA Economic Consulting Research Officer / Economic Analyst (m/w/d) Competition Economics
Location: Berlin, Germany
Secondary Locations: Paris,France;
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_066689-en Apply
NERA Economic Consulting is a global firm of experts dedicated to applying economics, finance and quantitative principles to complex business and legal challenges. For over half a century, NERA’s economists have been creating strategies, studies, reports, expert testimony and policy recommendations for regulatory authorities, governments and the world’s leading law firms and corporations. NERA serves clients from over 25 offices across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific.
About the Competition Economics Practice
The work of NERA’s European Competition Practice consists of theoretical and empirical economic analysis to assist law firms and their clients in context of investigations by competition authorities of alleged competition law infringements, possible damage claims arising from the infringement, and the regulatory review of mergers and acquisitions. As a member of a young and growing team, you will support us on high-profile cases, especially in the German market. In a collaborative and rewarding environment, you will for example determine the extent to which the economic evidence is consistent with an infringement allegation, quantify the damage caused by a cartel, and advise the merging parties throughout the merger review process.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting literature and data research
- Conceptual analysis applying the theoretical literature to the facts of a case
- Management and cleaning of data
- Data analysis and interpretation of results
- Active participation in drafting reports, memoranda, presentations and other work products
- Support senior staff in generating intellectual Capital
- Master’s (Research Officer) or PhD (Economic Analyst) graduates in economics/econometrics, statistics or a closely related field
- Ability and willingness to work under tight deadlines
- Familiarity with office applications, data analysis using Stata
- Excellent German/French and English oral and written communication skills
- As a plus,
- Specialisation in microeconomics, industrial organization, econometrics and/or competition economics
- symbolic computation software and advanced programming skills, e.g. R, Python, Matlab
- Fluency in other European languages
- Prior private- or public-sector experience in competition economics and/or economic consulting
To apply, please make an online application and submit your CV, cover letter and university transcripts.