NERA Research Officer / Economic Analyst - Competition Economics, Paris
Location: Paris, France
Secondary Locations: Berlin,Germany;
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_050229-en Apply
We are currently seeking detail- and results-oriented Master’s or PhD graduates to support our European Competition Practice based in Paris.
NERA’s competition team operates across a number of different geographies including Berlin, London, Paris and Madrid. If of interest, there may be some flexibility to work in more than one of these offices.
NERA Economic Consulting is a global firm of experts dedicated to applying economics, finance and quantitative principles to complex business and legal challenges. For over half a century, NERA’s economists have been creating strategies, studies, reports, expert testimony and policy recommendations for regulatory authorities, governments and the world’s leading law firms and corporations. NERA serves clients from over 25 offices across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific.
The work of NERA’s European Competition Practice consists of theoretical and empirical economic analysis to assist law firms and their clients in the context of the investigation by competition authorities of alleged competition law infringements, possible damage claims arising from the infringement, and the regulatory review of mergers and acquisitions. As a member of a young and growing team, you will support us on high-profile cases at the French, other national, EU and, together with our colleagues around the world, global level. In a collaborative and rewarding environment, you will for example determine the extent to which the economic evidence is consistent with an infringement allegation, quantify the damage caused by a cartel, and advise the merging parties throughout the merger review process.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
- Conducting literature and data research;
- Conceptual analysis applying the theoretical literature to the facts of a case;
- Management and cleaning of data;
- Data analysis and interpretation of results;
- Active participation in drafting reports, memoranda, presentations and other work products;
- Support of the office administration
- Master’s or PhD graduates in economics/econometrics, management science, statistics or a closely related field;
- Ability and willingness to work under usually tight deadlines;
- Familiarity with office applications, data analysis and/or symbolic computation software;
- Excellent French and English oral and written communication skills;
- As a plus,
- Specialisation in microeconomics, industrial organization, econometrics and/or competition economics;
- Advanced programming skills;
- Fluency in other European languages;
- Prior private- or public-sector experience in competition economics
If you have any questions regarding job opportunities with NERA Economic Consulting, please contact the recruitment team by emailing email@example.com.
To apply, please make an online application and submit your CV, cover letter and university transcripts directly to this posting.