Oliver Wyman - Associate - F&R - Paris
Location: Paris, France
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_063045-en Apply
Associate - Finance & Risk Practice - Paris
WHO WE ARE
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With a staff of over 5,000 spread across 60 cities in 30 countries, we combine deep industry knowledge with specialised expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organizational transformation.
We represent half of the companies in the Fortune Global 500. We work with them to optimize the work they do, improve their operations, manage their risk profiles, accelerate their development and seize cutting-edge opportunities. We’re known throughout the world for our work’s unmatched quality and impact.
F&R PRACTICE OVERVIEW
The Finance and Risk practice, part of our Financial Services Group, isseeking Associates to support ourcontinued expansion, a strategicpriority for the firm. This is an excitingopportunity to be part of a successful team thatrepresents a corecompetency of the firm. Oliver Wyman’s Finance and Risk practice is the world’s top strategicrisk management consultancy, and isengaged to solve the mostchallengingproblems at the largest and mostcomplex global financial institutions.
The Finance and Risk practice advises clients in the financial services sector to adapttheir finance and risk management strategies to evolvingsupervisory expectations, competitionwithin the bankingsector and capital marketsdynamics.
Our projects focus on issues at the top of the C-suite (in particular CFO, CRO) and Board agendas, and span a widespectrum of issues and solutions. Our recentprojects have covered topics including:
- Stress Testingstrategy diagnostic
- Fundamental review of the trading book
- Asset / liability, interest rate risk, and liquidityrisk management
- Risk-appetitedrivenpricing and performance measurementstrategies
- Analytical modeling with a focus on development and validation of financial and non-financialriskmodels, portfolio/instrument level valuation models and strategic planning and forecastingmodels
- Strategic financialresource management initiatives (e.g. balance sheet management, RWA optimization)
- Recovery and resolution planning
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Experienced professionals bring us the know-how to make lasting change for our clients and our company. We are not typical ‘management’ consultants. We provide industry- and discipline-specific knowledge and expertise, which amplifies our impact and helps us shape the future for our clients. Oliver Wyman is a diverse, entrepreneurial, non-competitive partnership of individuals who like to pursue new opportunities or build a unique franchise doing what they do best in a collegial, fun environment.
ASSOCIATE break down complex problems into discrete tasks, identifying the key aspects of a problem and directing the focus of junior consultants to those elements. You will effectively plan and execute analysis as well as identify the core issues in complex analyses in order to be able to craft suitable recommendations. You’ll work side by side with clients and your project team members to move projects forward and manage small teams to get the work done. Clients and colleagues look to Associates for unique insight into the subject area which they have chosen.
YOUR ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
Clients hire Oliver Wyman for specialized expertise, so your industry experience is of enormous value to us. The ideal candidate will have most of the following:
- At least 4-6 years of relevant experience, ideally with a top-tier strategy consulting firm (or similar organization).
- Knowledge within Insurance
- A strong background in strategic problem solving with demonstrable analytical skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in both formal and informal settings.
- Fluent in French and English.
- An undergraduate or advanced degree from a top academic program.
- Willingness to travel.
- Know how to take the initiative, seeking out opportunities to learn new skills and put the ones you’ve already got to good use.
- Not just intelligence, but creativity too: you’ll be ready to come up with novel ideas to solve our clients’ biggest problems.
- Have an aptitude for analytical work, like sniffing out clues in massive data sets or hunting down the key issues in a hugely complex challenge.
- A willingness to work fluidly and respectfully with our incredibly talented team.
OUR VALUES & CULTURE
We’re serious about making OW a rewarding, progressive, enjoyable and balanced place to work.
Self starters and free thinkers who work well in a team
We are individuals who are self starting, motivated, energetic, entrepreneurial about what we do
Common aspiration, collective endeavour, shared success
We have the common aspiration to have an impact, leave a legacy and change the world. We have no interest in running a steady-state business. We want to build, grow and shape the environment around us
Straightforward, open, respectful interaction
We value an environment where every member of Oliver Wyman is encouraged and expected to voice his or her opinion
Opportunity without artificial barriers
We value merit and believe that to create a true meritocracy we need to remove artificial barriers to opportunity
We value people whose lives balance work and non-work activities because we believe they are both more interesting colleagues and are able to make better contributions to the Firm. We push ourselves hard to deliver excellence, but we also work to extract the maximum benefit from the flexibility of a project-based business. We provide the ability to take career breaks for personal or family reasons. We fundamentally value each other’s time, and are sensitive to how it is used. We are an output not input-based culture, have respect for people’s personal decisions, and believe that one's workload must be sustainable. We seek balance for ourselves and our colleagues.
HOW TO APPLY
If you like what you’ve read, we’d love to hear from you.
If you’d like to learn more about the firm during your application process, please visit www.oliverwyman.com/careers,
Oliver Wyman is an equal opportunity employer.
Our commitment to diversity is genuine, deep and growing. We’re not perfect yet, but we’re working hard right now to make our teams balanced, representative and diverse.