Oliver Wyman - Senior Manager - Actuary - Paris
Location: Paris, France
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_063051-en Apply
Senior Manager - Actuarial Services Practice - Paris
WHO WE ARE
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With a staff of over 5,000 spread across 60 cities in 30 countries, we combine deep industry knowledge with specialised expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organizational transformation.
We represent half of the companies in the Fortune Global 500. We work with them to optimize the work they do, improve their operations, manage their risk profiles, accelerate their development and seize cutting-edge opportunities. We’re known throughout the world for our work’s unmatched quality and impact.
ACTUARIAL PRACTICE OVERVIEW
Integrated in a global network comprising more than 300 actuaries in North America and in Europe, the Paris Actuarial Practice was launched in 2018 and is constantly growing. We are looking for new actuaries during this ramp-up phase to further develop our practice and serve the interests of insurance and reinsurance companies locally.
Our consultants bring a combination of broad-based expertise with specialized knowledge of specific risks. They are recognized as industry experts and hold the highest professional qualifications, allowing us to provide independent and objective advice.
We are committed to unparalleled expertise in actuarial and risk sciences, always renewed by the breadth of our consultants' experiences and independent research. We continuously finetune our methods for evaluating, measuring, and reporting on risk in the three primary activities of our clients: property & casualty, life & pensions, and protection.
Projects include - but are not limited to - the following:
- Actuarial Modelling: development and review of asset-liability models or regulatory internal models
- Creation and analysis of financial projections
- Insurance mergers & acquisitions and actuarial due diligence alongside transactions
- Regulatory and accounting issues: Solvency II or IFRS 17
- Product development: design, pricing, profitability testing
- Actuarial reviews
- Work in support of our management consulting and strategy practice
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Senior Managers have the full responsibility of project management for small and mid-sized projects:
- Full implication in the business development: responsibility in handling Requests for Proposals, identification of leads with clients and management of part of the client relationships
- Overall responsibility for the success of actuarial projects: project management, methodology setting and deliverable preparation
- Development of intellectual capital within the Actuarial Practice,
- Participation in marketing presentations on state-of-the-art technical issues.
Senior Managers are also expected to contribute to the French Actuarial Practice strategy (recruitment process, strategic positioning, …).
YOUR ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
Just as every client project is different, we recognize and value the diversity of backgrounds and skill sets for successful candidates. We welcome applicants with a proven track record of excellence.
- Minimum of 7-9 years of relevant experience, ideally with a top-tier Actuarial consulting firm (or other similar organizations)
- Qualified Actuary from the French Institute of Actuaries or equivalent international actuarial association
- Advanced experience in at least three of the following fields: ALM or internal models, risk management, Solvency II, IFRS 17 or insurance pricing, asset modelling
- Strong expertise in project management
- Knowledge within the French Insurance market
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in both formal and informal settings
- Willingness to travel
- Excellent team and social skills
- Fluency in French & English is mandatory, additional European language is a plus
- Having concrete experiences in developing or reviewing Actuarial models on professional coding platforms
Since the team is growing, we aim at recruiting consultants who fit the Practice objectives and are trusted advisors for our clients in all kinds of insurance activities.
Therefore, we are equally considering multidisciplinary profiles who have an ability to tackle, within our global projects, both the life & protection or non-life aspects; and specialized profiles who will help the Practice grow on specific expertise.
OUR VALUES AND CULTURE
We’re serious about making OW a rewarding, progressive, enjoyable and balanced place to work.
Self starters and free thinkers who work well in a team
We are individuals who are self starting, motivated, energetic, entrepreneurial about what we do
Common aspiration, collective endeavour, shared success
We have the common aspiration to have an impact, leave a legacy and change the world. We have no interest in running a steady-state business. We want to build, grow and shape the environment around us
Straightforward, open, respectful interaction
We value an environment where every member of Oliver Wyman is encouraged and expected to voice his or her opinion
Opportunity without artificial barriers
We value merit and believe that to create a true meritocracy we need to remove artificial barriers to opportunity
We value people whose lives balance work and non-work activities because we believe they are both more interesting colleagues and are able to make better contributions to the Firm. We push ourselves hard to deliver excellence, but we also work to extract the maximum benefit from the flexibility of a project-based business. We provide the ability to take career breaks for personal or family reasons. We fundamentally value each other’s time, and are sensitive to how it is used. We are an output not input-based culture, have respect for people’s personal decisions, and believe that one's workload must be sustainable. We seek balance for ourselves and our colleagues.
HOW TO APPLY
If you like what you’ve read, we’d love to hear from you.
If you’d like to learn more about the firm during your application process, please visit www.oliverwyman.com/careers,
Oliver Wyman is an equal opportunity employer.
Our commitment to diversity is genuine, deep and growing. We’re not perfect yet, but we’re working hard right now to make our teams balanced, representative and diverse.