Broker / Team Leader - Commerical Insurance - Jelf
Location: Penrith, United Kingdom
Company: MarshJob ID R_058027-en Apply
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Broker / Team Leader in Penrith, for which we require the successful candidate to manage a portfolio of Commercial business as well as a designated team of Account Handlers, who themselves are also responsible for the profitable handling and growth of client accounts.
- Lead, monitor and manage team performance, focusing on client service and quality excellence, driving continuous improvement.
- To supervise a team of 4 Account Handlers by way of day to day management of the team including conducting 1-2-1’s and appraisals.
- Ensure that insurers and their representatives afford clients an appropriate quality of service within appropriate timescales
- Provide support where required to an existing portfolio of clients in the form of dealing with day-to-day queries, broking, midterm adjustments, renewals and managing relationships with key clients and stakeholders within the Jelf business.
- Maintain open channels of communication and disseminate technical and operational updates.
- Responsibility for regulatory compliance providing first point of contact for escalated issues and complaints.
Essential experience and skills required
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrable and significant experience of working in a similar capacity and taking ownership of similar responsibilities within the Commercial Insurance sector.
- Highly self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse backgrounds.
- Strong networking skills and the ability to build relationships both internally and externally through investing time in understanding our business
- Cert CII essential - Dip CII and ACII desirable.
- Competent in the use of MS Office.
We are Jelf – award winning experts in insurance, risk management and employee benefits for businesses and individuals.
Our deep knowledge of both the industry sectors and communities we serve means we can offer advice and solutions that meet our clients' needs today, anticipate what they need tomorrow, and help question if there’s an even better way.
Jelf recently joined forces with Bluefin, bringing together two leading insurance brokers and client advisory businesses. A newly transformed business built on decades of experience with the same purpose, dependability and commitment to excellent service.
We're also part of Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) – a global network of experts in risk, strategy and people. With roots dating back to 1871, MMC’s businesses have been helping clients prosper amid changing times, from the Industrial Revolution to the digital age.
Our strength is our expertise and the relationships we build – powerful industry insight and total commitment to our clients and the communities we serve across the UK. And our purpose is simple: helping businesses and individuals thrive through understanding.
MMC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.