Business Management Specialist
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Company: Guy CarpenterJob ID R_069533-en Apply
Guy Carpenter has a great opportunity for a strong Business Management Specialist! The right person has strong organizational skills, can function in project management, business analysis and training capacities and communicates exceptionally well. If this sounds like you, we want to speak with you!
The Business Management Specialist will assist the Vice President-Business Systems with documenting business application procedures, process flows, business requirements, and analysis of requests. The candidate will develop test plans and coordinate business subject matter experts to execute them. Regional support of larger global projects is required. The candidate will develop training materials and coordinate training events. Strong attention to detail is a critical success factor for this role. A solid understanding of project management and the ability to manage multiple deadlines is important.
This position is located in Philadelphia
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Document business application procedures in appropriate user manuals applying branding standards as required
• Develop and maintain Visio flow charts to document processes
• Produce high quality training material and user guides to be used by management and associates in addition to providing online support
• Maintain updated curriculum files
• Ensure smooth and effective coordination of training events including securing of rooms and equipment, coordinate training sessions, provide training to subject matter business experts
• Maintain all training records, tracking attendance and progress
• Learn both functional and business processes to ensure effective documentation
• Development of testing plans and testing execution
• Work within a standard regional project management environment
• Support regional workstreams and stakeholders to complement the global larger projects; document the regional variances as they are developed and communicated in project workstreams.
• Support timely status tracking across all regional work streams and projects
• Maintain organizational charts as necessary via Visio software
• Support the implementation of standardized ACORD messaging with business partners through testing of technical transactions in conjunction with IT
• Provide management information as requested to support reporting to senior management and business users on technical and fiduciary data
• Assist with special projects as required
Experience and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 3+ years of related experience; insurance/reinsurance industry a plus
• Ability to work in a team environment with significant collaboration
• Experience in coordinating event activities
• High level of organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task, work independently on assignments and have a strong attention to detail
• Working knowledge of information technology including Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word
• Proficient in SharePoint
• Proficient in coordinating Meetings
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification; agile a plus.
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients’ most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.