Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_049461-en Apply
The market landscape is changing at an unprecedented pace. Customer and client expectations are constantly evolving. Companies are merging at historic rates. Technology is developing faster than the market can keep up with. So what
competitive advantage is left?
The answer: people. Your people are your only irreplaceable assets, the ones who will make the difference now and for years to come.
As a Communication Consultant, you will work as part of a team that develops and implements communication and/or change strategies in the areas of benefits, rewards, and talent management to help organizations engage and drive the behaviors of a variety of audiences.
To fulfill this role, the Communication Consultant will:
- Assist in development of communication strategies and deliverables to drive stakeholder engagement, leadership alignment, learning/training, and program deployment, or to assess business readiness for change, change impact, and program adoption.
- Draft, review and edit communication materials through simple and clear copy across various media and channels (print, digital, face-to-face, etc.).
- Coordinate appropriate reviews (compliance, technical, editorial, client, vendor, etc.) and resolve issues raised during the review process to ensure accuracy, escalating difficult issues to senior consultants as appropriate.
- Leverage work, when appropriate, to other resources (graphic designers, administrative assistants, etc.) and provide guidance for accomplishing work effectively and on time.
- Create and manage work plans and lead project status discussions with colleagues and clients.
- Be responsible for the production coordination of client deliverables, including digital solutions.
- Assist in coordinating across work streams to proactively identify dependencies, gaps, and project risks.
- Act as either a primary day-to-day or secondary client contact (depending on client size).
Our ideal candidate will possess these core competencies:
- BA degree in English, business, communications, marketing, organizational psychology, journalism, human resources or another related field of study.
- Four or more years’ of relevant experience (e.g., in corporate communications communicating compensation/benefits/policies; applicable paralegal experience; consulting experience).
- Ability to think critically to strategically assess client problems and deliver effective solutions.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including public speaking skills.
- Advanced editing, proofreading, and composition skills. Technical writing experience is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, with concurrent deadlines, in a demanding work environment is essential.
- Operate well in a team environment and independently with minimal supervision required.
- Strong command of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- A basic understanding of the different digital communication solutions being offered in today’s market and how to deploy them to meet specific communication objectives.
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer’s more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
US ONLY: Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.