Human Resources (HR) Transformation Consultant
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_049292-en Apply
As organizations rethink their business models — redesigning work to harness the power of technology and adjust to a fast-changing world — it’s clear they can’t succeed without making people a priority. Human talent, rather than capital and technology, is the key factor linking innovation, competitiveness, and growth in the 21st century.
Mercer is uniquely qualified to help organizations design and execute sophisticated people strategies. We provide best-in-class consulting, rigorous analytics, and data-driven insights that help organizations make fact-based decisions which organizational and individual performance.
Mercer is actively searching for a Senior Consultant responsible for managing client engagements spanning one more of the following practice areas: Executive & Workforce Rewards, HR Effectiveness & Transformation or Talent Strategy.
To fulfill this role, the Consultant will:
- Plan and manage execution of medium-to-large projects in alignment with strategic direction from the Senior Consulting team, including: estimating and managing project team member hours, establishing timelines, directing analyses, synthesizing outcomes into client-ready format and ensuring quality of all client deliverables
- Identify and lead/support new business opportunities, including: sharing Mercer perspectives & methodologies with prospects, drafting responses to Requests for Proposals, and participating in sales presentations
- Delegate assignments to junior level colleagues in alignment with project needs, individual capability and development needs, and evolving Mercer standards
- Further expertise in one or more practice areas and keep informed of evolving market trends through self-directed external and internal research (e.g., Mercer campaigns, perspectives, studies & solutions areas)
Develop new tools and templates that can be leveraged in multiple markets; deliver standard training programs; proactively contribute to personal learnings, insights and knowledge through the knowledge management forums
To be considered for this opportunity, we require the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- BA/BS degree with coursework in finance, economics, statistics, mathematics, human resources (HR), organizational psychology and/or accounting
- Experience working with leading public and private companies in a variety of industries consulting on one or more of the following areas: compensation strategy development, competitive pay evaluation, talent strategy and/or HR effectiveness
- Minimum of eight years of relevant work experience in management consulting, compensation, finance, human resources or accounting preferred; project management experience; experience in data analysis, financial modeling and presentation design
- Excellent project management, organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, including synthesizing outcomes for senior level audiences
- Flexibility, adaptability in working under tight deadlines or changing client needs
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer’s more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
US ONLY: Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.