Reinsurance Contract Specialist Lead
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Company: Guy CarpenterJob ID R_044098-en Apply
As a subject matter expert in technical contract drafting with strong knowledge of broad-based reinsurance concepts and theory and excellent client-facing skills, the Broking Support Services Lead III has responsibility for contract drafting on the most complex client account assignments in combination with responsibility for leading and coaching junior colleagues and partnering with BSS Management to execute strategies. Performs all contract drafting and document management responsibilities for assigned accounts, all within published guidelines. Responsible for assessing and growing skills of assigned colleagues as well as managing development plans. Based on consultation with BSS Manager, deliver performance feedback and identify operational and client service improvement opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Lead/Subject Matter Expert - Under limited supervision: 30% of time spent
- Responsible for actively and continually upskilling the technical expertise of junior colleagues assigned.
- Perform technical and overall quality reviews of all documentation for junior colleagues assigned, mindful of GC procedures and GC and/or Client preferred clauses, protocols and frequencies.
- Support Senior Management by contributing to the formulation and execution of US BSS strategic objectives.
- Actively enforce compliance and internal governance within policies and procedures for assigned colleagues.
- Proactively address operational and service delivery issues, elevating to BSS Management as needed.
- With active guidance from BSS Management, take primary ownership in colleague-related matters for assigned colleagues, such as performance assessment and management, training and succession planning.
- Along with the colleague, maintain and monitor individual performance and development plans for assigned colleagues.
- Responsible for ensuring operational and service excellence goals are met within assigned colleagues, using Management Information metrics.
- Develop and deliver training for the Department as requested.
- Participate in regularly scheduled information-sharing sessions with Global Contract Consultants.
2. Perform contract drafting responsibilities on client account assignments – Under minimal or no supervision: 65% of time spent
- Expertly draft and deliver contract documentation in support of reinsurance placements on assigned accounts.
- Interpret and assess contracts, performing quality assurance review to ensure contract wording reflects intent of reinsurance negotiations.
- Provide technical guidance to Colleagues, Brokers and Clients as appropriate, regarding reinsurance concepts and typical contract language application, including assisting in presentations with Broking to clients on their reinsurance contracts as requested.
- Recommend coverage and wording enhancements where opportunities exist.
- Research and respond to inquiries from Brokers, Clients and Markets, demonstrating sound and relevant technical acumen and issue resolution skills.
- Input contract status data on the electronic document tracking system.
- Utilize available Management Information reports to manage contract performance.
- Maintain broad understanding of the environment in which the client operates and the marketplace in which the transactions that Guy Carpenter handles take place.
- Advise management about client issues or trends through clear and concise communication and participate in solutions.
- Think independently, act proactively, and use professional judgment for problem solving in a collaborative capacity with Brokers, Clients and Markets.
- Excellent ability to forge trusted relationships with Clients and Brokers.
3. Other:5% of time spent
- Assist Management with complex issues, often of a confidential nature
- Assist Global Contract Consultants with projects as requested
- Perform other job-related duties as requested and assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Bachelor’s Degree and applicable experience preferred
Minimum of 10 years of related experience in insurance/reinsurance industry
Knowledge and skills (general and technical)
- Strong knowledge of and ability to appropriately apply contract provisions, reinsurance concepts and principles and familiarity with basic regulations of the region.
- Able to engage and lead discussions with Clients, Markets and Colleagues in a professional and effective manner.
- Excellent and effective verbal and writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a high performance team.
- Positive attitude, willingness to offer and help execute ideas and solutions to enhance processes within a changing environment.
- Enabling the success of others and offering guidance appropriate to the development level of each Colleague.
- Successful management of workload; able to manage expectations of all stakeholders.
- Able to challenge appropriately, supporting business cases with facts and information.
- Understanding of project management methodology, stakeholder management, and risk mitigation.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
- Resourceful and proactive
- Ability to be discrete and maintain confidentiality on a wide range of issues.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to pay attention to detail and multi-task under tight timeframes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
Other requirements (licenses, certifications, specialized training)
Associate in Reinsurance required
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients’ most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.