Senior Consultant (Construction Practice)
Location: New York, New York, United States
Secondary Locations: Philadelphia,Pennsylvania,United States;Boston,Massachusetts,United States;Princeton,New Jersey,United States;Chicago,Illinois,United States;
Company: MarshJob ID R_039336-en Apply
The Marsh Risk Consulting practice is looking to add an experienced Construction Consultant to the team. As a Consultant in the highly regarded MRC business you would work with our top clients to identify and mitigate risk on large commercial constructions sites, including the larger financial implication a loss may have on the business. If you have experience working at a large construction company or similar environment managing multiple large scale projects and all the moving parts (and non-moving) that come along with such an important role, this is the role for you. Use your expertise to enter the corporate sector and skyrocket your career in areas that would have otherwise not been apparent.
- Basic understanding of the construction industry (either through consulting experience on construction projects, internships at contractors or in the construction division of owners or developers, part-time or summer employment, personal interest)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Interface with contractors, project and construction managers, attorneys, and owner and development team staff and management.
- Supporting marketing and practice development efforts, as needed
- Candidates may expect limited to frequent travel
Successful candidates will demonstrate experience in one of the two areas below:
Cost Experience – specific requirements in this area include:
- 2-5 years experience in construction project cost controls and/or contract administration
- Analyzing construction costs, including change orders, payment requisitions, time, material, and equipment documentation
- Understanding of the construction cost estimating process
- College graduate: engineering, construction management or finance major
- Proficient with MS Excel and MS Access or other database programs
Schedule Experience – specific requirements in this area include:
- 2-5 years experience in construction planning and scheduling and general project controls
- Developing, reviewing, updating and analyzing construction project schedules
- Analyzing project delays and the construction progress update process
- College graduate: engineering, construction management or architectural major
- Proficient with Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, MS Office
Employment History May Include:
- Construction Management Firms
- General Contractors; EPC Contractors
- Owner/Developer Construction Staff
- Project Controls/Project Scheduling Consultants
#MMC #Marsh #MRC #FAS #FACS #construction #consulting #primavera #p6 #engineering #PMP #PE #EIT #military #vet
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.